GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mole control (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/193871-mole-control.html)

Don Phillipson 25-09-2010 08:24 PM

Mole control

(Star-nosed) moles appeared in this garden for the first time
(in 15 years) and were extra active in September. Our cat can
kill them but stopped after 3 or 4, perhaps because they do not
taste good. Advice please?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

[email protected] 25-09-2010 09:36 PM

Mole control

On Sep 25, 12:24*pm, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
(Star-nosed) moles appeared in this garden for the first time
(in 15 years) and were extra active in September. *Our cat can
kill them but stopped after 3 or 4, perhaps because they do not
taste good. *Advice please?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)

I found the following article to seem quite useful:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5542217_rid-...tern-mole.html
It advises using castor oil-based repellants, smoke bombs, and various
pesticides;
and if those don't work, mole traps.

--
Nelson Smae
Cha-----

[email protected] 25-09-2010 09:42 PM

Mole control

On Sep 25, 12:24*pm, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
(Star-nosed) moles appeared in this garden for the first time
(in 15 years) and were extra active in September. *Our cat can
kill them but stopped after 3 or 4, perhaps because they do not
taste good. *Advice please?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)

Moles seem to be rampant garden pests, wish I could help;
All I could tell you is to have a look at this article:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5542217_rid-...tern-mole.html

Nelson Smae
Somewhere
This side of the rainbow

[email protected] 25-09-2010 09:43 PM

Mole control

On Sep 25, 12:24*pm, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
(Star-nosed) moles appeared in this garden for the first time
(in 15 years) and were extra active in September. *Our cat can
kill them but stopped after 3 or 4, perhaps because they do not
taste good. *Advice please?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)

Can't help you, sorry.

Nelson Smae
Subject Hometown name here
Subject Homestate name here

Nelson 25-09-2010 10:07 PM

Mole control

I'd reccomend that you read this article:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5542217_rid-...tern-mole.html

Frank 25-09-2010 10:43 PM

Mole control

On 9/25/2010 3:24 PM, Don Phillipson wrote:
(Star-nosed) moles appeared in this garden for the first time
(in 15 years) and were extra active in September. Our cat can
kill them but stopped after 3 or 4, perhaps because they do not
taste good. Advice please?

Years ago I used a phosphide based poison put in their tunnels and have
not seen them since.

Willshak 27-09-2010 07:58 PM

Mole control

wrote the following:
On Sep 25, 3:24 pm, "Don Phillipson" wrote:

(Star-nosed) moles appeared in this garden for the first time
(in 15 years) and were extra active in September. Our cat can
kill them but stopped after 3 or 4, perhaps because they do not
taste good. Advice please?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)

traps

Inground swimming pool. I fish out an average of 4 dead moles per season.
Also one or two field mice or chipmunks and a few frogs.
I do manage to save most of the frogs and did save one chipmunks life by
netting him before he drowned.
I thought I might have to give him CPR but he managed to recover and
fled before I could get some work gloves.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Red[_3_] 27-09-2010 09:11 PM

Mole control

On 9/27/2010 2:58 PM, willshak wrote:
wrote the following:
On Sep 25, 3:24 pm, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
(Star-nosed) moles appeared in this garden for the first time
(in 15 years) and were extra active in September. Our cat can
kill them but stopped after 3 or 4, perhaps because they do not
taste good. Advice please?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)

traps

Inground swimming pool. I fish out an average of 4 dead moles per season.
Also one or two field mice or chipmunks and a few frogs.
I do manage to save most of the frogs and did save one chipmunks life by
netting him before he drowned.
I thought I might have to give him CPR but he managed to recover and
fled before I could get some work gloves.

mouth to mouse resusitation?

Eggs Zachtly 28-09-2010 12:45 AM

Mole control

wrote the following:
On Sep 25, 3:24 pm, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
(Star-nosed) moles appeared in this garden for the first time
(in 15 years) and were extra active in September. Our cat can
kill them but stopped after 3 or 4, perhaps because they do not
taste good. Advice please?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)

traps

Inground swimming pool. I fish out an average of 4 dead moles per season.
Also one or two field mice or chipmunks and a few frogs.
I do manage to save most of the frogs and did save one chipmunks life by
netting him before he drowned.
I thought I might have to give him CPR but he managed to recover and
fled before I could get some work gloves.

mouth to mouse resusitation?

*GROAN*
--

Eggs

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

sampvasant 28-09-2010 07:36 AM

Mole control

http://www.grassstitcher.com/affilia...d/thulamswathi

Bob F 30-09-2010 06:25 AM

Mole control

Peruse http://www.themoleman.com/

Art 02-10-2010 09:03 PM

Mole control

On 9/25/2010 3:24 PM, Don Phillipson wrote:
(Star-nosed) moles appeared in this garden for the first time
(in 15 years) and were extra active in September. Our cat can
kill them but stopped after 3 or 4, perhaps because they do not
taste good. Advice please?

One of the simplest and most effective ways to kill them is to pipe the
exhaust from a running automobile into their holes.

--
Art

Oren[_2_] 03-10-2010 11:36 PM

Mole control (Rodenator in Action)

On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 16:03:53 -0400, Art
wrote:

One of the simplest and most effective ways to kill them is to pipe the
exhaust from a running automobile into their holes.

This will git 'em

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrn0G...eature=related