Old 12-12-2010, 05:20 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

Default Outside Christmas LED Lights -- dull and weak....

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 02:27:58 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 12/12/2010 1:48 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Dec 11, 3:57 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 12/11/2010 10:12 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 10:54:54 -0500, wrote:

wrote in message
net...
Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights.
Much to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led
lights. I looked at all the big box stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot,
and Target. All I could find was the fake led lights.

So, I bought a set of led lights strings with C7 led lights. 50
lights on a string, total wattage of 3.7 watts. They say these are
much cheaper to run because of the low wattage. But, I have seen that
you get what you pay for. These lights are dull and weak looking.

Does anyone here know of any store that still sells real outside Christmas
lights, or have they all been outlawed too ?

Thanks for any info on where I can purchase non-fake Christmas lights !!

James

How can you even think about using real Christmas tree lights, when some kid
in Nigeria is starving .

The ONLY reason some kid in Nigeria is starving is because its moron
mommy didn't have the sense to keep her legs closed.

I'm not a big fan of the behavior of some of our African cousins but I'd
like to point out that mommy was probably forcibly raped.

TDD

There is another kind of rape?

HB

Um, drunk, intimidation, hostage syndrome, too young to understand or
mentally impaired come to mind. It's wrong anyway one looks at it,
especially if it involves children.

....sleep, drugs, or other physical impairment.

I don't understand any adult who
would harm a child in any way although children are a good source of
high quality protein, the toes are the crunchy part. :-)

....and I thought you liked finger food.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:28 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

wrote in message
[...]

My friend GB has a granddaughter who had her first birthday September
11, I don't believe I'll forget her birthday. I've known the munchkin's
mother since she was a little girl and I used to chase her around
threatening to unscrew her bellybutton so her behind would fall off.
Little kids are fun to terrorize. :-)

TDD
Old 12-12-2010, 07:20 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

wrote in message
[...]

I do the same with little ones. The other thing that they like is being
picked up "by their ears" (they bend their forearms over yours).
Old 12-12-2010, 08:04 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

On 12/12/2010 1:20 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 12:28:54 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

I had a four year old buddy I did that with, I would clamp my hands over
his ears and he would hook his hands over my forearms and I
would pick him up. His psychotic aunt saw this and ran to the
grandmother jabbering that I was picking up the kid by his ears. I
adore little kids and it's unfortunate that there are filthy minded
people out there who think the worst when I tell them that I love
little children. :-)

TDD
Old 13-12-2010, 12:49 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 14:04:56 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 12/12/2010 1:20 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 12:28:54 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

It's less obvious when they use their forearms rather than hands.

His psychotic aunt saw this and ran to the
grandmother jabbering that I was picking up the kid by his ears.

Probably a Democrat.

adore little kids and it's unfortunate that there are filthy minded
people out there who think the worst when I tell them that I love
little children. :-)

I'd be the last one to think that you were a priest. ;-)

Old 13-12-2010, 01:20 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

On 12/12/2010 6:49 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 14:04:56 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 12/12/2010 1:20 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 12:28:54 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

My older brother attended a seminary where he studied to become a
priest. Puberty changed his mind, hormones are stronger than God. :-)

TDD
Old 13-12-2010, 05:16 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

On 12/11/2010 10:37 AM, James wrote:
Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights. Much
to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led lights.
I looked at all the big box stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot, and
Target. All I could find was the fake led lights.

I was just in Target. And before I even got to the LEDs the first string
I saw were C9 red incandescents.

Jeff
Old 13-12-2010, 05:33 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 10:37:00 -0500, "James" wrote:

Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights. Much
to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led lights.
I looked at all the big box stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot, and
Target. All I could find was the fake led lights.

So, I bought a set of led lights strings with C7 led lights. 50
lights on a string, total wattage of 3.7 watts. They say these are much
cheaper to run because of the low wattage. But, I have seen that you get
what you pay for. These lights are dull and weak looking.

Does anyone here know of any store that still sells real outside Christmas
lights, or have they all been outlawed too ?

Thanks for any info on where I can purchase non-fake Christmas lights !!

Lowes, today, had a bunch of them. They had more incandescent types than LED.
Old 13-12-2010, 02:48 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 00:16:49 -0500, Jeff Thies
wrote:

On 12/11/2010 10:37 AM, James wrote:
Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights. Much
to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led lights.
I looked at all the big box stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot, and
Target. All I could find was the fake led lights.

I was just in Target. And before I even got to the LEDs the first string
I saw were C9 red incandescents.

Jeff

The incondecent holiday lights are not big sellers for residential use
anymore so many retail stores no longer carry them (some carry the
minis - Sears). Incondescents also require more than double the
warehousing space, there is lots of bulb breakage, and there are many
returns, but they are still readily available on line... there are
quite a few web sites, here's one:
http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/C7-C9-Bulbs.asp

I no longer use the incondescents, in fact a few years ago I tossed
lots of strings of them into the trash.... I didn't feel bad at all as
each season more than half those bulbs burn out so the ones I tossed
were very close to dying. I now use all LEDs; my electric bill
increase for the holiday season is barely noticeable, but most
importantly LEDs are far safer (no heat). And the new LEDs are very
bright and very colorful... even using 2-3 times as many hardly
affects electric useage. In fact I've been using LEDs for five years
now and not even one bulb has burned out. Now I'm waiting for the
solar LEDs to come down in price. If someone offered me the
incondescents for free I'd not take them. I think the LEDs look much
nicer too, nore twinkly, far more aesthetically pleasing than those
olde tyme clunky incondescents. The LEDs are easier to put up too,
they don't need to be orientated, with incondescents unless the bulbs
are all pointed in the same direction they look awful.

Old 13-12-2010, 07:47 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
dgk dgk is offline

wrote in message
[...]

Probably with the use of of guns supplied by US, British, French, or
Russian arms dealers.

Old 13-12-2010, 07:50 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 01:26:13 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 11:04:02 -0500, "James"
wrote:

RBM, you are an idiot. Christmas lights have nothing to do with starving
kids in Nigeria. If you really think that is true, you are a blooming idiot
!!

AND, I don't need Al Gore to tell me how bright my Christmas lights should
be, or how many gallons of water that I use to flush my crap, another bright
(dim) idea from your idol.

They didn't cut back on regular lights because of anything the
government did. They sold some and people bought them out, so they
made a lot more. It's the market system which I thought you
conservatives liked.

OP If you want real lights, I'd look on the web, Google Web or Google
Shopping. Yahoo Shopping, Ebay, and Amazon.

Although often ebay or Amazon items show up in Google web, I think not
all the time and you have to look on them directly.

Get a life.

James

Target was offering either kind. I like the LEDs, they don't seem as
bright but they appear to be better made.

Old 14-12-2010, 12:47 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

wrote:

[...]

They (mini incandescents) are available everywhere here, usually in more
varieties than LEDs. I don't like LEDs, much. The flicker is annoying (the
PF has to be horrid) and the "white" ones are really ugly.

I no longer use the incondescents, in fact a few years ago I tossed
lots of strings of them into the trash.... I didn't feel bad at all as
each season more than half those bulbs burn out so the ones I tossed
were very close to dying.

I toss the strings every few years but I have enough to last a long time. I
buy them after Christmas for about $1 per string. I have 20 strings, or so,
that I haven't opened yet.

I now use all LEDs; my electric bill
increase for the holiday season is barely noticeable,

Of course you ignore the cost of the LED strings.

but most importantly LEDs are far safer (no heat).

Nonsense. You're making excuses to justify your expense.

And the new LEDs are very
bright and very colorful... even using 2-3 times as many hardly
affects electric useage. In fact I've been using LEDs for five years
now and not even one bulb has burned out.

You *really* are forgetting the cost of the lights.

Now I'm waiting for the
solar LEDs to come down in price.

Solar LEDs? guffaw

If someone offered me the
incondescents for free I'd not take them.

Choice is a good thing.

I think the LEDs look much
nicer too, nore twinkly, far more aesthetically pleasing than those
olde tyme clunky incondescents. The LEDs are easier to put up too,
they don't need to be orientated, with incondescents unless the bulbs
are all pointed in the same direction they look awful.

More nonsense.
Old 14-12-2010, 01:26 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
dgk dgk is offline

wrote in message
[...]

I'm no expert on US policy towards Nigeria during Bush's reign, but he
screwed up so many other things that it's quite likey he screwed this
up as well.

Anyone used the new LED grow lights? Bobo Bonobo® Edible Gardening 16 29-02-2012 02:37 PM
LED lights janet Orchids 7 08-04-2011 10:45 PM
Coast LED Lenser LL7590 Write Light Gift Boxed White LED pen light flashlight and Pen [email protected] Edible Gardening 0 22-05-2009 07:39 AM
Compact Fluorescent and LED grow lights charles VanDyke Orchids 19 12-11-2005 01:00 AM
Commercial LED Plant Lights charles VanDyke Orchids 4 11-11-2005 06:34 PM