Old 11-12-2010, 03:37 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

Default Outside Christmas LED Lights -- dull and weak....

Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights. Much
to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led lights.
I looked at all the big box stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot, and
Target. All I could find was the fake led lights.

So, I bought a set of led lights strings with C7 led lights. 50
lights on a string, total wattage of 3.7 watts. They say these are much
cheaper to run because of the low wattage. But, I have seen that you get
what you pay for. These lights are dull and weak looking.

Does anyone here know of any store that still sells real outside Christmas
lights, or have they all been outlawed too ?

Thanks for any info on where I can purchase non-fake Christmas lights !!

James

Old 11-12-2010, 03:54 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

"James" wrote in message
net...
Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights.
Much to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led
lights. I looked at all the big box stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot,
and Target. All I could find was the fake led lights.

So, I bought a set of led lights strings with C7 led lights. 50
lights on a string, total wattage of 3.7 watts. They say these are
much cheaper to run because of the low wattage. But, I have seen that
you get what you pay for. These lights are dull and weak looking.

Does anyone here know of any store that still sells real outside Christmas
lights, or have they all been outlawed too ?

Thanks for any info on where I can purchase non-fake Christmas lights !!

James

How can you even think about using real Christmas tree lights, when some kid
in Nigeria is starving because of the global warming you have caused using
them. Thank God our government has better sense than you do, and seen fit to
outlaw all non energy saving light bulbs.
Oh, wait a minute, there is no actual global warming, and they're going to
repeal that bill? OK, never mind, Merry Christmas

Old 11-12-2010, 04:04 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

RBM, you are an idiot. Christmas lights have nothing to do with starving
kids in Nigeria. If you really think that is true, you are a blooming idiot
!!

AND, I don't need Al Gore to tell me how bright my Christmas lights should
be, or how many gallons of water that I use to flush my crap, another bright
(dim) idea from your idol.

Get a life.

James

Old 11-12-2010, 04:12 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 10:54:54 -0500, "RBM" wrote:

"James" wrote in message
lnet...
[...]

The ONLY reason some kid in Nigeria is starving is because its moron
mommy didn't have the sense to keep her legs closed.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:19 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

"James" wrote in message
net...

RBM, you are an idiot. Christmas lights have nothing to do with starving
kids in Nigeria. If you really think that is true, you are a blooming idiot
!!

AND, I don't need Al Gore to tell me how bright my Christmas lights should
be, or how many gallons of water that I use to flush my crap, another bright
(dim) idea from your idol.

Get a life.

James

------

James, you do realise that RBM was JOKING, right?

Old 11-12-2010, 04:20 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

"James" wrote in message
net...
RBM, you are an idiot. Christmas lights have nothing to do with starving
kids in Nigeria. If you really think that is true, you are a blooming
idiot
!!

AND, I don't need Al Gore to tell me how bright my Christmas lights
should
be, or how many gallons of water that I use to flush my crap, another
bright
(dim) idea from your idol.

Get a life.

James

Sorry James, I was being humorously sarcastic... or so I thought. I'm on
your side

Old 11-12-2010, 04:25 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

In article ,
"James" wrote:

Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights. Much
to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led lights.
I looked at all the big box stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot, and
Target. All I could find was the fake led lights.

So, I bought a set of led lights strings with C7 led lights. 50
lights on a string, total wattage of 3.7 watts. They say these are much
cheaper to run because of the low wattage. But, I have seen that you get
what you pay for. These lights are dull and weak looking.

Does anyone here know of any store that still sells real outside Christmas
lights, or have they all been outlawed too ?

Thanks for any info on where I can purchase non-fake Christmas lights !!

James

Google is your friend.

http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/
Old 11-12-2010, 04:30 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

On 12/11/2010 10:04 AM, James wrote:
RBM, you are an idiot. Christmas lights have nothing to do with starving
kids in Nigeria. If you really think that is true, you are a blooming idiot
!!

AND, I don't need Al Gore to tell me how bright my Christmas lights should
be, or how many gallons of water that I use to flush my crap, another bright
(dim) idea from your idol.

Get a life.

James

The restrictions and sacrifices don't apply to "The Elite". They must
keep mass consuming to illustrate how bad it is. 8-)

TDD

Old 11-12-2010, 04:30 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

Well, I am red-faced !! If RBM was joking, it went right over my head !!
The problem is, too many folks actually believe what he posted is true !!

Apologies to you RBM !!!

James

Old 11-12-2010, 05:45 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 10:37:00 -0500, "James" wrote:

Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights. Much
to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led lights.
I looked at all the big box stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot, and
Target. All I could find was the fake led lights.

So, I bought a set of led lights strings with C7 led lights. 50
lights on a string, total wattage of 3.7 watts. They say these are much
cheaper to run because of the low wattage. But, I have seen that you get
what you pay for. These lights are dull and weak looking.

Does anyone here know of any store that still sells real outside Christmas
lights, or have they all been outlawed too ?

Thanks for any info on where I can purchase non-fake Christmas lights !!

I bought a set of LED strings for the outside, a couple of years ago (~1400
lights). They were so ugly I threw them out when I took them down that year
and replaced them with real lights (after Christmas sales) for the next year.
I just put up about half of them yesterday (waiting for it to get a little
warmer to finish the job).
Old 11-12-2010, 05:56 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

On 12/11/2010 11:04 AM, James wrote:
RBM, you are an idiot. Christmas lights have nothing to do with starving
kids in Nigeria. If you really think that is true, you are a blooming idiot
!!

AND, I don't need Al Gore to tell me how bright my Christmas lights should
be, or how many gallons of water that I use to flush my crap, another bright
(dim) idea from your idol.

Get a life.

James

LOL. Gotta read down to the last line. It's sarcasm. He is joking.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:03 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

On 12/11/2010 11:12 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 10:54:54 -0500, wrote:

wrote in message
net...
[...]

Besides the fact that the comment was a sarcastic joke.... The reason is
because their government doesn't pay women that reproduce like rabbits
to raise their children. Here in the US we say "Go ahead and be a lazy
whore. Don't get a job, we will pay to take care of all your children."
Old 11-12-2010, 07:03 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

On Dec 11, 11:20*am, "RBM" wrote:
"James" wrote in message

net...

RBM, you are an idiot. * Christmas lights have nothing to do with starving
kids in Nigeria. *If you really think that is true, you are a blooming
idiot
!!

AND, *I don't need Al Gore to tell me how bright my Christmas lights
should
be, or how many gallons of water that I use to flush my crap, another
bright
(dim) idea from your idol.

Get a life.

James

Sorry James, I was being humorously sarcastic... or so I thought. I'm on
your side

You should have said it with a
Ya gotta know there are a lot of nuts that think seriously like this.

Anyone used the new LED grow lights? Bobo Bonobo® Edible Gardening 16 29-02-2012 02:37 PM
LED lights janet Orchids 7 08-04-2011 10:45 PM
Coast LED Lenser LL7590 Write Light Gift Boxed White LED pen light flashlight and Pen [email protected] Edible Gardening 0 22-05-2009 07:39 AM
Compact Fluorescent and LED grow lights charles VanDyke Orchids 19 12-11-2005 01:00 AM
Commercial LED Plant Lights charles VanDyke Orchids 4 11-11-2005 06:34 PM