Old 20-12-2010, 05:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default "Old Wives Tales" NOT Working For Skunk Control!!

"MICHELLE H." wrote in message
Hi All,

Does anyone know of any EFFECTIVE way to keep skunks out of the yard.
For about 3 weeks now, we have had a skunk coming out at night and
destroying the yard. Also, they aren't destroying it because of grubs (
we did a grub treatment back in July ), the skunk is eating the
earthworms.

I know this because in the morning, there are holes everywhere in the
grass, and there are half-eaten, dead earthworms everywhere in the soil.

Also, I definitely know it's a skunk because I have witnessed him at
different times throughout the night in the backyard. A few times I was
able to scare him away by banging on the metal storm door, but because
he comes at all hours of the night, it's hard to stay up all night and
wait for this pest.

Anyway, here is what I have tried so far that HASN'T worked:

1) I left a portable radio out all night long on a AM talk show radio
station - didn't work.

2) Human hair from shower - didn't work.

Snip

I know I am way late replying to this but this might help.

Skunks also love dog food. put a pile of dog food near the back of your
lot. He will eat it. Next night, put it farther away, he will eat it.
Finally by a few feet gained each night, you will have him to your
neighbor's yard. Then throw handfuls of dog food in his yard for a few
weeks. Now YOU don't have a problem. Let your neighbor figure it our. All
it cost you was a couple 40 pound bags of dog food.

Bob-tx

"Gardens: Old wives' tales" from Saturday's Guardian Adam Funk[_3_] United Kingdom 23 14-01-2011 10:28 PM
"Old Wives Tales" NOT Working For Skunk Control!! MICHELLE H. Gardening 13 30-10-2010 09:51 PM
Old Wives Tales" NOT Working For Skunk Control!! MICHELLE H. Lawns 2 21-10-2010 01:40 AM
More berries mean a hard winter - old wives tale? David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 45 18-04-2004 06:00 AM
Old Wives and Cultivators Paul England United Kingdom 9 25-11-2002 01:30 AM