GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Older model Qualcast suffolk punch mowers and scarifier cassette (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/195467-older-model-qualcast-suffolk-punch-mowers-scarifier-cassette.html)

mattrolls 03-02-2011 09:37 PM

Older model Qualcast suffolk punch mowers and scarifier cassette

Hi guys i was wondering if anyone knows whether an older model suffolk punch mower (suffolk punch 35) has any attachments you can buy seperate i.e scarifier???

many thanks,

Matt

LawnMowerWorld 15-02-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattrolls (Post 912011)
Hi guys i was wondering if anyone knows whether an older model suffolk punch mower (suffolk punch 35) has any attachments you can buy seperate i.e scarifier???

many thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately there was nothing produced to convert the older Suffolk Punch cylinder mowers in to Scarifiers.

The more modern a target="_blank" href="http://www.jungle-busters.co.uk/Qualcast-Suffolk-Punch-14SK-14-Petrol-Cylinder-Mower"35s Suffolk Punch & Qualcast Classic 35s mowers/a were introduced around 1999 with the QX Cassette idea which enabled people to remove the Blade Cassette and replace it with a Scarifier Cassette.

The older electric Qualcast mowers such as the Concorde RE25, RE30 & RE35 came with a target="_blank" href="http://http://www.jungle-busters.co.uk/epages/es122164.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122164/Products/F016T47920/SubProducts/F016T47920-x01"little plastic clips which contained a scarifier spring tine and hooked on the cutting cylinder/a. However these mowers worked at quite a "slow speed" compared to the petrol powered versions.

Hope this helps

LawnMowerWorld 15-02-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnMowerWorld (Post 912924)
Hi Matt,

Unfortunately there was nothing produced to convert the older Suffolk Punch cylinder mowers in to Scarifiers.

The more modern 35s Suffolk Punch & Qualcast Classic 35s mowers were introduced around 1999 with the QX Cassette idea which enabled people to remove the Blade Cassette and replace it with a Scarifier Cassette.

see Qualcast Suffolk Punch 14SK - 14" Petrol Cylinder Mower - Lawnmower World for more details

The older electric Qualcast mowers such as the Concorde RE25, RE30 & RE35 came with little plastic clips which contained a scarifier spring tine and hooked on the cutting cylinder. However these mowers worked at quite a "slow speed" compared to the petrol powered versions.

see Atco / Qualcast Lawn Rake + Scarifier Cassette Tine / Claw - Lawnmower World for more details

Hope this helps

just a little more help.....

hector mac 04-04-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnMowerWorld (Post 912925)
just a little more help.....

Hi Lawnmowerworld I read with interest your post.
I have been trying to find the replacement scarifier tines for my ancient XR30 however I need the whole unit plastic clip as well is there a site or retailer you can suggest who would supply them? Have hunted the web without much success.