Old 09-02-2011, 01:15 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

Default Piling snow around tree trunks - good, bad, or neither?

Oren wrote in
:

On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 16:13:23 GMT, Red Green
wrote:

RicodJour wrote in
:

On Feb 6, 9:01*am, Red Green wrote:
RicodJour wrote
innews:65d5b635-4240-4f14-

All areas under trees are supposed to have the snow cleared in a
spiral pattern. *I think it's code.

It is code. I was certified and licensed through the Sally
Struthers "Do you wanna make more money?" matchbook cover school of
landscape inspection. Came with a free rubber signature stamp -
Professional Inspector of Trees and Arbors [note acronym].

Those are some serious creds, Red. Red creds...I like the sound of
it.

I always wanted to get accredited, but I was working and could never
find the hour necessary to study, take the test and make the
continuing payments to the school. You're a lucky man.

And!.... an official PITA.

The good part is you can frame the diploma with duct tape, choice of
colors - of course.

In this case, green would be appropriate.
Old 19-02-2011, 02:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

Tony Miklos wrote in news:8rb2crFqkbU1
@mid.individual.net:

On 2/6/2011 10:50 AM, RicodJour wrote:
On Feb 6, 9:51 am, Tony wrote:

I used to make a path around the house for place for the dog to run and
crap.

Your dog can run and crap? Wow. Mine just kind of squats there.

He was a special dog.

Name was Ed right?
Old 19-02-2011, 02:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in news:ro5uk6tfujq2la1m3drs1o3s54h941fa01@
4ax.com:

On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 22:38:03 -0500, Lawn Guy wrote:

I'm wondering if this snow pack can cause any harm to the bark

Not if you wrapped the tree with brown Duct Tape.

Before the snow, of course.

What a wizard. You're shottin' for Possum status ain't ya. Sorry, can't get
the plate till I croak.

http://oi53.tinypic.com/24b8du0.jpg
Old 19-02-2011, 04:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 9:25*am, Red Green wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 22:38:03 -0500, Lawn Guy wrote:

I'm wondering if this snow pack can cause any harm to the bark

Not if you wrapped the tree with brown Duct Tape.

Before the snow, of course.

What a wizard. You're shoottin' for Possum status ain't ya. Sorry, can't get
the plate till I croak.

http://oi53.tinypic.com/24b8du0.jpg

Why does Santa have his hands stuck up two skunks' butts?

Old 20-02-2011, 01:58 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote in
:

Oren wrote:
On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 22:38:03 -0500, Lawn Guy wrote:

I'm wondering if this snow pack can cause any harm to the bark

Not if you wrapped the tree with brown Duct Tape.

Before the snow, of course.

What a wizard. You're shoottin' for Possum status ain't ya. Sorry,
can't

get
the plate till I croak.

http://oi53.tinypic.com/24b8du0.jpg

Why does Santa have his hands stuck up two skunks' butts?

Don't knock it 'till yer tried it.