GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A Lawn of Clover (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/195842-lawn-clover.html)

coykiesaol 08-03-2011 04:22 AM

A Lawn of Clover

I'd like to lay a lawn of clover, instead of grass, and I have a couple of question I hope you can answer for me:

1) When should I sow the seeds? I'm told spring is the best time and winter, well, isn't. Saying that though I'm impatient and the sooner I have a lawn so the dog stops bringing half the garden in with him the better.

2) How exactly should the seeds be sown? After a Google search I read that you shouldn't hand-sow them, they need to be mixed up in a big tub which seems like a lot of unnecessary work to me. I don't mind patches in the lawn to be honest, I can always fill them in another time.

Many thanks