Old 25-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Registered User

Default How to Deter Birds from Eating Grass Lawn Seed?

So, I've spent 6.5 hours outside today pulling up large weed patches (the old owners weren't so great at taking care of the lawn). I watered lightly, and used a hand rake to sow the grass seed into the soil. I then watered thoroughly.

Now, here come the robins. Help me! Will they eat all of it. The grass seed cost over 50 dollars just for 2 small bags. I have lots of lawn repair to do and I'm nervous that the birds are going to eat it all up. Should I set out bird seed? Rubber Snakes? Will they come out and eat it all tonight? I'm so scared. It was SO much work and I don't want to see it go to nothing.