Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: May 2011
Posts: 18
Default Mower problem

Suffolk punch. Running erratically at higher speed and stalls when idling. I have change the points and the gap is what is displayed on the plastic cover. Cleaned the needles, float chamber. I am truly stuck. Can anybody help?

  #2   Report Post  
Old 11-05-2011, 12:50 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jan 2009
Posts: 38
Default Mower problem

On May 10, 4:20*pm, Robby1 wrote:
Suffolk punch. Running erratically at higher speed and stalls when
idling. I have change the points and the gap is what is displayed on the
plastic cover. Cleaned the needles, float chamber. I am truly stuck. Can
anybody help?

--
Robby1


Try rebuilding the carburetor using a kit obtained at the local small
engine shop. The most important item in the kit is the main
diaphragm. These tend to get old and hard and end up cracking. This
lets in air. Forget about replacing all the fuel nozzles, etc. Look
carefully at the accelerator pump, the gadget that gives a little
squirt of gas when you ask for more power/speed.
  #3   Report Post  
Old 11-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: May 2011
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubby[_3_] View Post
On May 10, 4:20*pm, Robby1 wrote:
Suffolk punch. Running erratically at higher speed and stalls when
idling. I have change the points and the gap is what is displayed on the
plastic cover. Cleaned the needles, float chamber. I am truly stuck. Can
anybody help?

--
Robby1


Try rebuilding the carburetor using a kit obtained at the local small
engine shop. The most important item in the kit is the main
diaphragm. These tend to get old and hard and end up cracking. This
lets in air. Forget about replacing all the fuel nozzles, etc. Look
carefully at the accelerator pump, the gadget that gives a little
squirt of gas when you ask for more power/speed.
Thanks for answering my call. I don't think there is a diaphram. It is an old four stroke, before they zenith carbs had diaphram fitted. I changed the lower section (float, Main mixture section) but is still the same. I feel that I will have to accept defeat. Luckily There is a motorcycle department where I work and they said for me to drop it in. Many thanks again.
  #4   Report Post  
Old 12-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby1 View Post
Thanks for answering my call. I don't think there is a diaphram. It is an old four stroke, before they zenith carbs had diaphram fitted. I changed the lower section (float, Main mixture section) but is still the same. I feel that I will have to accept defeat. Luckily There is a motorcycle department where I work and they said for me to drop it in. Many thanks again.
Well, sometimes this happens, my husband also had problems with his mower and he couldn't do anything to fix it, so we had to buy a new one. New for us, i mean. We looked at auction sites but he found his mower here in Grass equipment category. Good luck with your machine!


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replace mower or just mower battery? [email protected] Gardening 17 26-08-2005 04:31 AM
How to Make a Lawn Mower into Mulching Mower? Jay Chan Gardening 8 30-05-2003 04:09 PM
JD LT160 mower deck problem Chad Graybill Lawns 2 30-04-2003 11:56 PM
Craftsman 4HP push mower starting problem Jason Baugher Lawns 4 29-04-2003 05:20 AM
Strange problem with Riding mower Patch Lawns 6 19-04-2003 05:20 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 GardenBanter.co.uk.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Gardening"

 

Copyright © 2017