GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   whats in my lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/197224-whats-my-lawn.html)

aleman 24-05-2011 09:01 PM

whats in my lawn

3 Attachment(s)
hi all,
I was hoping a gardening expert could identify the clover (?) that has taken over huge parts of my lawn - please see the attachments.
Should I get this treated?
Cheers for any advice,
Al

Old Wellies 27-05-2011 12:48 PM

You have a mix in the pictures of Birds foot Trefoil and Black medick.

You need a selective weed killer to kill

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleman (Post 922673)

songbird[_2_] 29-05-2011 07:33 AM

whats in my lawn

aleman wrote:

hi all,
I was hoping a gardening expert could identify the clover (?) that has
taken over huge parts of my lawn - please see the attachments.
Should I get this treated?
Cheers for any advice,
Al

birdsfoot trefoil is a nice plant that
provides free nitrogen fertilizer. why
get rid of it? i'd rather get rid of the
grass...

trim it once in a while and let it go
and you should see some nice yellow
flowers while still keeping a neat
appearance.

if you are using a mulching mower
that is good as it will build the soil
up instead of removing all those nutrients.

songbird

Robby1 14-06-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleman (Post 922673)
hi all,
I was hoping a gardening expert could identify the clover (?) that has taken over huge parts of my lawn - please see the attachments.
Should I get this treated?
Cheers for any advice,
Al

Yes and quick. I had a similar weed last year I used "westlands complete". Dont worry when you use it as the weeds will grow rigorously this all part of the process. Warning - DO NOT over dose the lawn as the grass will be killed off, read the instructions.