Old 24-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Registered User

Default whats in my lawn

hi all,
I was hoping a gardening expert could identify the clover (?) that has taken over huge parts of my lawn - please see the attachments.
Should I get this treated?
Cheers for any advice,
Al
Attached Thumbnails
whats in my lawn-lawn2.jpg   whats in my lawn-lawn1.jpg   whats in my lawn-lawn3.jpg
Old 27-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Registered User

You have a mix in the pictures of Birds foot Trefoil and Black medick.

You need a selective weed killer to kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleman View Post
Old 29-05-2011, 06:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

aleman wrote:

hi all,
I was hoping a gardening expert could identify the clover (?) that has
taken over huge parts of my lawn - please see the attachments.
Should I get this treated?
Cheers for any advice,
Al

birdsfoot trefoil is a nice plant that
provides free nitrogen fertilizer. why
get rid of it? i'd rather get rid of the
grass...

trim it once in a while and let it go
and you should see some nice yellow
flowers while still keeping a neat
appearance.

if you are using a mulching mower
that is good as it will build the soil
up instead of removing all those nutrients.

songbird
Old 14-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleman View Post
hi all,
I was hoping a gardening expert could identify the clover (?) that has taken over huge parts of my lawn - please see the attachments.
Should I get this treated?
Cheers for any advice,
Al
Yes and quick. I had a similar weed last year I used "westlands complete". Dont worry when you use it as the weeds will grow rigorously this all part of the process. Warning - DO NOT over dose the lawn as the grass will be killed off, read the instructions.