GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Big STIHL recall (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/197240-big-stihl-recall.html)

Willshak 25-05-2011 03:46 PM

Big STIHL recall

on Stihl gas powered lawn products
http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/25/news...n=money_latest

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

Frank 25-05-2011 08:47 PM

Big STIHL recall

On 5/25/2011 9:46 AM, willshak wrote:

on Stihl gas powered lawn products
http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/25/news...n=money_latest

Another example of the unintended consequence of adding ethanol to
gasoline. I went through it with my snow thrower a couple of years ago.

Steve Barker[_3_] 27-05-2011 05:07 PM

Big STIHL recall

On 5/25/2011 8:46 AM, willshak wrote:

on Stihl gas powered lawn products
http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/25/news...n=money_latest

funny how everyone (who is not in the know) wants to blame every little
small engine problem on ethanol.

--
Steve Barker

Stormin Mormon 28-05-2011 01:11 PM

Big STIHL recall

What's not to like? Ethanol causes infidelity, divorces, bar
fights, impotence, violent rages, DWI confictions,
unemployment, and birth defects in children. It's as
dangerous as dihydrogen monoxide.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Frank 28-05-2011 01:16 PM

Big STIHL recall

On 5/27/2011 11:07 AM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 5/25/2011 8:46 AM, willshak wrote:

on Stihl gas powered lawn products
http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/25/news...n=money_latest

funny how everyone (who is not in the know) wants to blame every little
small engine problem on ethanol.

Makes plenty of sense if part is plastic and warped by the higher
solvent properties of ethanol in gas. I remember when ethanol was
mandated in all stations around here and they had to close down for
several days to clean out their tanks. Otherwise residues in the tanks
would have been dissolved by the ethanol containing gas and ended up
clogging car engines.

Red Green 28-05-2011 02:47 PM

Big STIHL recall

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:irqlc1
:

What's not to like? Ethanol causes infidelity, divorces, bar
fights, impotence, violent rages, DWI confictions,
unemployment, and birth defects in children. It's as
dangerous as dihydrogen monoxide.

Funny Stormy, real funny. That's an excerpt from a Lunesta commercial.

Stormin Mormon 28-05-2011 03:09 PM

Big STIHL recall

I have no idea what a Lunesta commercial is. Maybe I heard
it in my sleep. and the memory surfaced?

My sense is that ethanol is a loser. Has to be planted,
harvested, and then distilled. Uses more energy than it
delivers. Just my guess.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus