GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cleaning lawnmower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/198213-cleaning-lawnmower.html)

Gert 13-06-2011 01:51 PM

Cleaning lawnmower

Hello,

I was wondering how often and how do you clean your lawnmowers from grass?
Do you have ride-on or walk-behind lawnmowers?
Do you think it is relevant to clean lawnmowers?
I prefer using wood stick, but are there any other methods to do that?

Kind Regards for answering,

mowerking 24-08-2011 10:24 PM

i think the more often the better, i use a pressure washer but hold it a little way away as the paint on mowers it not the best and you dont want to blow the paint of. even just use a hose pipe with you finger over half the end to get a powerful jet.
Little tip if your cleaning a pedestrian mower and need to turn it on its side, never turn it so the exhaust is down as you well fill the exhaust with oil, turn it the other side (usually petrol tank way) before doing this take petrol cap off and cover filler hole with bit of plastic then screw lid back on over plastic. (this stops fuel leaking out of breather hole in lid)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gert (Post 926681)

KateDaring52 26-08-2011 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowerking (Post 933902)
i think the more often the better, i use a pressure washer but hold it a little way away as the paint on mowers it not the best and you dont want to blow the paint of. even just use a hose pipe with you finger over half the end to get a powerful jet.
Little tip if your cleaning a pedestrian mower and need to turn it on its side, never turn it so the exhaust is down as you well fill the exhaust with oil, turn it the other side (usually petrol tank way) before doing this take petrol cap off and cover filler hole with bit of plastic then screw lid back on over plastic. (this stops fuel leaking out of breather hole in lid)

You have helped me to improve my knowledge about this field. Thank you so much for sharing.