Old 16-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Registered User

Default Reclaiming wasteland

Hi. New member and first post. Hope you can help me.

I have a jungle of a garden and am wondering of the best way to make it into a nice lawn. On a pretty tight budget so I'll be doing it myself without machinery or a skip if possible. I have a retaining wall and need to make the ground level. Am I okay to cover all the weeds when I work over the soil, put down weed suppressant, put down compost or fresh topsoil on top of the fabric and lay turf on top or will this cause more problems? Looking to finish it this week if possible?

Any help, suggestions at this point would be helpful.