Old 28-06-2011, 09:10 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Chemical help needed

I am having no success in getting rid of the clover in my lawn. I have
used 2 year old Clover Killer that never worked when new.
.. . . . .Can anyone reccommend a tank spray type clover killer that I could
use?
I live at 5200 ft asl and have an extremely short growing season.
.. . . . Also, the only 'Broadleaf Weed Killer', I have success with I
have to mix much stronger than the directions, or it does not work at all.
And then it kills the grass too. Again anyone know of a tank spray type
Broadleaf Killer that may suit me?.
.. . . . in advance thanks. . charlie

Old 28-06-2011, 09:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Pintlar wrote:
I am having no success in getting rid of the clover in my lawn. I have used
2 year old Clover Killer that never worked when new.
. . . . .Can anyone reccommend a tank spray type clover killer that I
could use?
I live at 5200 ft asl and have an extremely short growing season.
. . . . Also, the only 'Broadleaf Weed Killer', I have success
with I have to mix much stronger than the directions, or it does not
work at all. And then it kills the grass too. Again anyone know of a
tank spray type Broadleaf Killer that may suit me?.
. . . . in advance thanks. . charlie

Weed-b-gon works for me, but sometimes takes a couple applications. Don't use it
when it will rain in the next couple days.

Old 29-06-2011, 06:13 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Pintlar wrote:
Bob F wrote:

Weed-b-gon works for me, but sometimes takes a couple applications. Don't
use it when it will rain in the next couple days.

. . . .thanks for the reply.
Weed-b-Gone in the 1 gallon packaged spray kit works fine on dandelions, but
I'm not too sure how the bulk W-b-gone I mix is working. It will take a
few more days.

some don't show up for a week or more.
depends upon how actively the plants are
growing, heat, rain, etc.

I mixed some older 'Broadleaf killer 1.5 stronger than directed, as the
factory directions had no effect at all. It now is a great total killer.
Grass too.

well, when you don't follow directions...
1.5 stronger...

songbird
Old 29-06-2011, 03:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Pat Pat is offline

Best results occurr when the plant is actively growing. If it is too hot or
too cold or too dry the plant is not growing.

Old 29-06-2011, 09:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Pat wrote:
Best results occurr when the plant is actively growing. If it is too
hot or too cold or too dry the plant is not growing.

Here in Seattle, there are few times the weeds aren't growing.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:33 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jun 29, 4:36*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Pat wrote:
Best results occurr when the plant is actively growing. *If it is too
hot or too cold or too dry the plant is not growing.

Here in Seattle, there are few times the weeds aren't growing.

Don't know why the OP is having problems killing broadleaf weeds.
I've used the same product, WeedBGone for years and it's been
very effective when mixed and used as directed. It kills most
weeds in one application. Some require a second application
about 2 weeks later. I apply it with a tank sprayer.

Clover is harder to kill, but again I've used the Ortho Clover/Oxalis
killer and it's worked well.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:50 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jul 1, 9:36*pm, Eggs Zachtly wrote:
said:

On Jun 29, 4:36*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Pat wrote:
Best results occurr when the plant is actively growing. *If it is too
hot or too cold or too dry the plant is not growing.

Here in Seattle, there are few times the weeds aren't growing.

Don't know why the OP is having problems killing broadleaf weeds.
I've used the same product, WeedBGone for years and it's been
very effective when mixed and used as directed. *It kills most
weeds in one application. *Some require a second application
about 2 weeks later. *I apply it with a tank sprayer.

Clover is harder to kill, but again I've used the Ortho Clover/Oxalis
killer and it's worked well.

I used Bayer Advanced All in One this year. Wow. Took out everything but the
grass. I'll swear by it, for everything including white and hop clovers, wild
strawberry, everything. *=)
--

Eggs

Do cemetery workers prefer the graveyard shift?

I'll have to try that. I thought I was the only one with wild
strawberries
growing in my lawn. Last week I screwed up and only mixed the Ortho
WeedBGone Max at 1/3 the strength. I didn't think it would do much of
anything. I was quite surprised. It whacked just about all the
regular
broadleaf weeds and so far has had a severe impact on the crabgrass
too. It affected the strawberries and clover to some extent, but
probably
not enough to kill them.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

said:

On Jun 29, 4:36*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Pat wrote:
[...]

You are. Mine are toast. (on the first app, btw). *=)

Last week I screwed up and only mixed the Ortho
WeedBGone Max at 1/3 the strength. *I didn't think it would do much of
anything. *I was quite surprised. *It whacked just about all the
regular
broadleaf weeds and so far has had a severe impact on the crabgrass
too. *It affected the strawberries and clover to some extent, but
probably
not enough to kill them.

Grab the blue bottle, dood. I only have it, and a bottle of ready-to-spray
Spectracide non-selective (for a small strip of landscape rocks in a bed by the
street) in my arsenal this year. That's all I've used, and all I've needed to
use this year. The ONLY thing that the Bayer doesn't work on, is nutsedge.. It
hasn't been much of a problem in my yard this year, and I just pull it from
beds. I'm glad, too. Sedgehammer's too frigin expensive to keep on hand. *=)
--

I just applied the last 2 grams of Permit from a small amount that a
friend had given me years ago. Those few grams went a long way.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

said:

On Jun 29, 4:36*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Pat wrote:
[...]

Two can live as cheaply as one, for half as long.

No chemical algae killer Jon Ahlbin Ponds 7 11-01-2004 01:52 PM
Romanian Petro-Chemical, Oil & Gas Detailed Design [email protected] Plant Biology 0 01-06-2003 11:08 PM
Surefire no-chemical fix Joe Australia 0 26-05-2003 03:09 PM
Tree-killing chemical compound? Arsenio Oloroso Jr. Gardening 7 14-05-2003 07:32 AM
Chemical weeding arround young trees John Towill United Kingdom 2 26-02-2003 09:15 PM