GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Qualcast Suffolk Punch 43S - Leaking Fuel (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/198724-qualcast-suffolk-punch-43s-leaking-fuel.html)

Ocho 07-07-2011 10:27 PM

Qualcast Suffolk Punch 43S - Leaking Fuel

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all

My first time on here - hoping someone can help me out.

My mower is leaking fuel from the (excuse my lack of technical terms) brass coloured bit just in from the air filter with a valve at the bottom for drainage - sorry but I don't know what it is.

I think it's leaking around the top where it should possibly have a gasket or seal of some sort - at the moment it's just metal on metal and I don't see how that's ever going to really keep the fuel in there. If I'm right and it does need such a seal there, does anyone know where I could get one from and what it's called? Does it have a part number???

I've tried to get a picture loaded up below, hope it works...

As you can see (if the picture's there) I've tried to make a seal with some plumber's white tape, but it's only temporary as I think it's too "soft" to deal with petrol???

hope someone can help out.
thanks in advance
Jem

Robby1 21-07-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocho (Post 929501)
[...]

Hi there PTFE will work but you need to use PTFE for petrolium based fuels. You will be able to get this from most plunb centres

mowerking 24-08-2011 11:04 PM

Take the bowl off and check the top of the bowl and the rim where it seats, you may have a small bit of muck that is stopping it seal, or may have a small nick out of it, i have seen gaskets for this not sure if there a after market thing, never had to use one. be careful you don't try to solve the leak by over doing the screws that hold it on, you break a screw off and you will be in trouble.
Then ptfe around the brass screw as said before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robby1 (Post 930618)

[email protected][_2_] 25-08-2011 09:49 PM

Qualcast Suffolk Punch 43S - Leaking Fuel

Robby1;930618 Wrote:

Hi there PTFE will work but you need to use PTFE for petrolium based
fuels. You will be able to get this from most plunb centres

mowerking

That brass colored thing is the carb float bowl. And
since he says it's leaking from the top, it's either
the nut on the bottom of the bowl is loose and needs
to be tightened or the gasket is shot. Putting the
engine model # into any of the small engine parts
sources online should turn up a part # for it. With
the part #, you also may be able to find it on Ebay or
locally.