Old 15-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered User

Default New deck for Honda HRG415C

My parents have had a Honda HRG415 for a few years now. Engine still runs very nicely but the deck has started to rust and now has a large hole in it which allows grass cuttings to blow everywhere when mowing. The hole is about 4 inches long and half an inch wide.

I've had a quick look and although there are spares online for every other part of the mower I can't find a replacement deck. Does anyone have any idea where I could get one from?

I thought if I couldn't get a replacement it could be welded. Does anyone know what sort of place could do that?

Another quick question: the blade is pretty blunt now, is it more economical to buy a replacement blade or should I get the existing one sharpened?

Thank you
Old 16-07-2011, 01:58 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

I would assume that the deck can easily be welded, at a minimal expense if
you find the right shop. Try to find a small machine shop or welding shop,
and take it to them for an estimate. Welds of this type don't always look
great (an obvious patch) but functionally, they are perfect. I know
because I have one done, and the old deck then outlasted the engine.

For the blade, call any mower shop and tell them your model mower, and ask
them for a new blade price and a sharpening price. The sharpening price
should be cheaper. Make sure that they balance the blade when they sharpen
it, otherwise you will get vibration.

Hope this helps.

James

New doors to the deck and the view from kitchen - DSC_0496a.jpg joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 3 18-06-2014 10:54 PM
Honda Izy Hrg415c Pde simon64 Lawns 2 07-06-2010 04:35 PM
New mowing deck for old Craftsman tractor needed Stubby[_2_] Lawns 5 05-10-2007 03:24 AM
New Grass Catcher for Newer Craftsman LT w/36" Deck Peter Hall Lawns 0 16-07-2003 05:54 PM
Drive Belt Tension on Honda Mower? Brian Feldmann Lawns 2 26-11-2002 05:02 AM