Old 30-07-2011, 08:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Roundup Question ?

I have a small flower planting area of about 25 sq. ft. When I plant
flowers in it each summer, the weeds come up so bad, I can keep up with
weeding it each week. (I also much about 3 or 4 inches, but that doesn't
stop these weeds).

Before I plant flowers, if I soak the ground with Roundup, how long would I
have to wait to plant the flowers ?

thanks !!

James

Old 30-07-2011, 09:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Roundup works only when it touchs folage. Soaking the ground doesn't do
anything for weed control. You have to wait until the weeds come above
ground to have any effect with Roundup. I usually wait 7-10 days after
roundup before planting.

Old 30-07-2011, 09:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

James said:

I have a small flower planting area of about 25 sq. ft. When I plant
flowers in it each summer, the weeds come up so bad, I can keep up with
weeding it each week. (I also much about 3 or 4 inches, but that doesn't
stop these weeds).

Before I plant flowers, if I soak the ground with Roundup, how long would I
have to wait to plant the flowers ?

Why would you "soak the ground with Roundup"?
--

Eggs

-A little bit of pain never hurt anyone
Old 30-07-2011, 09:47 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Thanks for replies.... I should clarify.... I spent several hours pulling
as many of the weeds out as I could... but, many roots and small weed shoots
just pull off at ground level. I thought that soaking the ground would
reach these shoot that were left, and by systemic action, kill the weed
plant.

Next time, I will just spray round up on the full weeds, let them die off,
and then pull them out.

James

Old 31-07-2011, 01:36 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

James said:

Thanks for replies.... I should clarify.... I spent several hours pulling
as many of the weeds out as I could... but, many roots and small weed shoots
just pull off at ground level. I thought that soaking the ground would
reach these shoot that were left, and by systemic action, kill the weed
plant.

Next time, I will just spray round up on the full weeds, let them die off,
and then pull them out.

Bingo! Except you probaly won't pull anything out. Just pull rake away the dead
foliage. =)
--

Eggs

One nice thing about egotists... they don't talk about other people.

Roundup Question ?? James Gardening 21 16-08-2011 12:35 AM
Roundup Question Buck Turgidson Gardening 2 31-12-2004 03:29 PM
Question - using Roundup on French broom Peter Werner Gardening 2 19-08-2003 04:12 PM
roundup-application carl roberts Lawns 22 09-06-2003 01:20 PM
weedkiller, roundup, knockdown Frank Logullo Gardening 5 05-05-2003 03:44 PM