Old 27-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered User

Default Weed identification

Hello, can anyone help toidentify this weed please and offer any thoughts on how to eradicate it? I have tried the usual lawn weed & feed in both granules & liquid but they don't seem to have any effect.

Many thanks for your help
Barry
Attached Thumbnails
Weed identification-weed.jpg
Old 27-08-2011, 05:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On 8/27/2011 9:19 AM, bennever wrote:
Hello, can anyone help toidentify this weed please and offer any
thoughts on how to eradicate it? I have tried the usual lawn weed&
feed in both granules& liquid but they don't seem to have any effect.

Many thanks for your help
Barry

|Filename: weed.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14416|

Looks like ground ivy:

http://www.turf.msu.edu/ground-ivy-c...for-home-lawns

I have it and try to control by pulling and Weed-B-Gone but it is
persistent. Thanks to your post, I think I need the more effective
herbicides.
Old 28-08-2011, 03:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Aug 27, 11:22*am, Frank wrote:
On 8/27/2011 9:19 AM, bennever wrote:

Hello, can anyone help toidentify this weed please and offer any
thoughts on how to eradicate it? *I have tried the usual lawn weed&
feed in both granules& *liquid but they don't seem to have any effect..

Many thanks for your help
Barry

|Filename: weed.jpg * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * |
|Download:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14416|

Looks like ground ivy:

http://www.turf.msu.edu/ground-ivy-c...for-home-lawns

I have it and try to control by pulling and Weed-B-Gone but it is
persistent. *Thanks to your post, I think I need the more effective
herbicides.

Yep, ground ivy.

"Found throughout the US, pacific northwest, Alaska, Canada, Europe,
and Asia".

That range of locations and environments explains why the stuff is so
hard to kill.

Old 28-08-2011, 04:50 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Red wrote the following:
On Aug 27, 11:22 am, Frank wrote:
[...]

3rd vote for ground ivy. I have it in my lawn. The usual weed killer
does kill it.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 28-08-2011, 03:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Aug 27, 11:50*pm, willshak wrote:
Red wrote the following:

On Aug 27, 11:22 am, Frank wrote:
[...]

To email, remove the double zeroes after @- Hide quoted text -

I'd apply WeedBGone or whatever the local broadleaf weed killer
is with a tank type sprayer. Don't screw around with weednfeed.
Apply it at the max rate and adding one of the products that helps
make it stick to the leaves can help. Should be able to find that
at the garden shop. It may take a couple applications 10 days or
so apart.

Duck Weed!! Duck Weed!! Duck Weed!! Troy Church Ponds 7 05-04-2005 09:22 PM
weed identification paxwax Australia 1 01-09-2003 01:32 AM
Weed Identification assistance please! Larry Gardening 13 14-06-2003 12:20 AM
Weed Identification Bonnie Espenshade Gardening 6 10-06-2003 01:56 AM
Weed identification GeoThermal United Kingdom 6 03-04-2003 05:45 PM