Old 05-09-2011, 01:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Troybilt string trimmer

My old HomeLite trimmer had a problem I couldn't fix so I purchased a
new trimmer, a TroyBilt, from Lowe's. It actually looked like a
scaled down version of the HomeLite. It turns out that TroyBilt
bought out the support buisness from HomeLite.

The new TroyBilt wouldn't start. So I called support and spoke with a
terribly nasty and incompetent woman. She wanted to know what kind of
oil I mixed into the gas. I responded it was the little bottle that
was in the box the TroyBilt came in. She didn't know what that was
so I asked what did you ship? What's on the parts list? She didn't
know and couldn't help me. CLICK.

I throught good money after bad and bought the electric start
option. I got the trimmer started. It is so loud that I must buy
earmuffs to cut down the sound.

Note: TroyBilt tools are not returnable to the store.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Sep 5, 7:52*am, Stubby wrote:

Note: TroyBilt tools are not returnable to the store.

Under normal circumstances they are not, but the Lowes store manager
can make exceptions if you forcefully bitch to him about crappy
murchandise that they carry.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Sep 5, 8:52*am, Stubby wrote:
My old HomeLite trimmer had a problem I couldn't fix so I purchased a
new trimmer, a TroyBilt, from Lowe's. * It actually looked like a
scaled down version of the HomeLite. *It turns out that TroyBilt
bought out the support buisness from HomeLite.

The new TroyBilt wouldn't start. *So I called support and spoke with a
terribly nasty and incompetent woman. *She wanted to know what kind of
oil I mixed into the gas. * I responded it was the little bottle that
was in the box the TroyBilt came in. * She didn't know what that was
so I asked what did you ship? * What's on the parts list? * She didn't
know and couldn't help me. *CLICK.

I throught good money after bad and bought the electric start
option. * I got the trimmer started. *It is so loud that I must buy
earmuffs to cut down the sound.

Note: TroyBilt tools are not returnable to the store.

That's funny, I have not had a bit of trouble with mine which is about
5 years old.
I always use eye and ear protection when using any motorized garden
tool.
Next time I go to Lowes, I'll have to ask about return policy. I do
understand that HD's is good.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Stubby" wrote in message

My old HomeLite trimmer had a problem I couldn't fix so I purchased a
new trimmer, a TroyBilt, from Lowe's. It actually looked like a
scaled down version of the HomeLite. It turns out that TroyBilt
bought out the support buisness from HomeLite.

The new TroyBilt wouldn't start. So I called support and spoke with a
terribly nasty and incompetent woman. She wanted to know what kind of
oil I mixed into the gas. I responded it was the little bottle that
was in the box the TroyBilt came in. She didn't know what that was
so I asked what did you ship? What's on the parts list? She didn't
know and couldn't help me. CLICK.

I throught good money after bad and bought the electric start
option. I got the trimmer started. It is so loud that I must buy
earmuffs to cut down the sound.

Note: TroyBilt tools are not returnable to the store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Troybilt, Ryobi, and a bunch of other 'brands' that use MTD parts are pure
shit.

They don't last for shit, getting parts is a pain in the ass, and they
rarely honor their warranty.

My 7 year old Craftsman just died. I was going to replace it, but it seems
Craftsman trimmers are getting some terrible reviews, one of which comes
straight from a Sears repair guy.

Fortunately I don't need one for a few weeks, so I have time to try and find
a good one.

CS