Old 12-11-2011, 12:29 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Fine Fescue flavor: K31 or creeping red fescue?

Does anyone know which kind of fine fescue was most commonly used by home
builders in the early 1970's on the lawns of suburban homes in the St.
Louis area or other Transition Zone areas?

If you don't know about the transition zone, how about the cooler wet
states a little northward like most of Illinois, Ohio, Indiana,
Pennsylvania and even central New York state?

If you don't live in these states, even the cool states all the way out
west to Northern California would be useful to know.

I guess I'm wondering if home builders in the early 1970's most often
used K31 fescue OR creeping red fescue on the lawns of the houses they
built in these zones? (Basically anywhere in the country north of
Georgia, Texas, and Southern California.

I'm going to guess it was K31 fescue, but maybe I'm wrong. Thanks.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:00 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Oops, I goofed. K31 is not a fine fescue, but a tall fescue. So sorry.

Old 20-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoysiaSod View Post
Does anyone know which kind of fine fescue was most commonly used by home
builders in the early 1970's on the lawns of suburban homes in the St.
Louis area or other Transition Zone areas?

If you don't know about the transition zone, how about the cooler wet
states a little northward like most of Illinois, Ohio, Indiana,
Pennsylvania and even central New York state?

If you don't live in these states, even the cool states all the way out
west to Northern California would be useful to know.

I guess I'm wondering if home builders in the early 1970's most often
used K31 fescue OR creeping red fescue on the lawns of the houses they
built in these zones? (Basically anywhere in the country north of
Georgia, Texas, and Southern California.

I'm going to guess it was K31 fescue, but maybe I'm wrong. Thanks.
Tiemco thank you. Would you happen to know what kind of fine fescue was used in the '70's in the cooler zones a little north of the Transition Zone? I mean do you think it was a rhizomatous fescue like Creeping Red Fescue or a clumping fescue instead like Chewings Fescue (if Chewings was around in the '70's).
Fruit Trees