Old 19-12-2011, 03:36 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default How large is your lawn?

Let's have fun. How many square feet of lawn do you care for?
I originally underestimated my lawn's size because I thought
my shoe was exactly 12 inches long, but it's actually 12.75
inches long. I measured my lawn's size by counting paces while
walking.

I buy shoes that are sized 11.5 (or sometimes 11), so either my
shoe has lengthened with time and wear, or 11.5 is the internal dimension
of the shoe, and that's how they sell shoes: by their internal
dimension? I'll have to measure new shoes someday [Lol]

Anyway, my backyard lawn is almost exactly 1,300 square feet (or
1,305 by my best count). It's 83 feet by 18 feet, minus the patio.
The yard itself is larger, but I've removed the
square footage of the veggie garden, the patio, and the
rock "mote" extending from the foundation of the house. Again I
used shoe paces to measure, but I think it's fairly accurate. I guess
a tape measure would be best. Oh well, when it's warmer...

I think the front lawn is about 1,950 square feet, and the two
side lawns total about 650 square feet. So total lawn square
footage is 3,900--we'll say 4,000 for easier remembering.

I don't mean to brag or anything. I'm sure some of you have
an acre or more of lawn. I'm really posting this info for
my future reference, in case I forget the footage, which
is likely to happen soon.