Old 02-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Brigitte J.

Default Why won't my mower stay running!?!?!?!

I finally got my mowers running. They both run great for about 10 minutes,
then they both cut out on me. This is driving me mad!!....Two mowers doing
exactly the same thing. I've changed the oil and put fresh gas in both.
They start right up and run great but that doesn't last long. Ten minutes
into the mowing and their dead. What am I missing?

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brigitte

Old 04-05-2003, 02:56 AM
Die Spammer !!!

"Brigitte J." wrote:

I finally got my mowers running. They both run great for about 10 minutes,
then they both cut out on me. This is driving me mad!!....Two mowers doing
exactly the same thing. I've changed the oil and put fresh gas in both.
They start right up and run great but that doesn't last long. Ten minutes
into the mowing and their dead. What am I missing?

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brigitte

Air filter is clean?

Does the engine slowely shut by it's self down after 10 minutes especialy when
cutting grass?

Does it smoke?

How much horse power does the mower have?

How tall is the grass you are cutting ?

How old is the spark plug?

Old 04-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Wade Homesley

Another possibility is that the float in the carburetors are stuck and/or
crystalized scum in the carbs. However, I would address Die Spammer's leads
before taking apart the carbs.

Wade

Old 05-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Dr. Doctor

2 things come to mind, 1st is vent on the gas cap working? (if not as the
gas drains in creates a vacuum and then the unit will run out of gas) try
running with the gas cap loose if problem goes away get a new cap.

2 if not the gas cap then I would look at the coil. when it quits check for
ignition. when a coil start to fail they will loose spark when the unit get
to operating temps. the unit cools down and the spark returns.