Old 12-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Registered User

Default damage to my lawn?

I have a good quality lawned garden, but I am thinking of buying a log cabin to use as a garden home office.

I am worried about possible damage to my lawn caused by the shadow of the cabin denying sunlight to part of lawn, as it will be casting a shadow from around midday during the summer months.

Here is the type of cabin I wil using...do members think this will be a major problem?

Garden Home Offices | Timber Home Garden Office | Surrey, London
Old 13-01-2012, 03:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

deezine wrote the following:
I have a good quality lawned garden, but I am thinking of buying a log
cabin to use as a garden home office.

I am worried about possible damage to my lawn caused by the shadow of
the cabin denying sunlight to part of lawn, as it will be casting a
shadow from around midday during the summer months.

Here is the type of cabin I wil using...do members think this will be a
major problem?

'Garden Home Offices | Timber Home Garden Office | Surrey, London'
(http://tinyurl.com/6qgnqjg)

Is anything else casting a shadow on the lawn during the same time
period? If so, how's that affecting the lawn?

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 13-01-2012, 08:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jan 13, 9:17*am, willshak wrote:
deezine wrote the following:

I have a good quality lawned garden, but I am thinking of buying a log
cabin to use as a garden home office.

I am worried about possible damage to my lawn caused by the shadow of
the cabin denying sunlight to part of lawn, as it will be casting a
shadow from around midday during the summer months.

Here is the type of cabin I wil using...do members think this will be a
major problem?

'Garden Home Offices | Timber Home Garden Office | Surrey, London'
(http://tinyurl.com/6qgnqjg)

Is anything else casting a shadow on the lawn during the same time
period? If so, how's that affecting the lawn?

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

If it's still getting full sun until noon, it's probably
enough that the grass will be OK. But, suppose
it does affect the grass? What's the alternative?
Don't put up the structure? Seems a bit backwards
to me. If it turns out the grass can't
take it, just overseed with a more shade tolerant
variety.