Old 03-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Iowa883

Default Push lawnmower Big Wheels or not ?

What are the advantage of big rear wheels vs the small ? Also, I would like
a self propelled but they cost more $.
small wheels
small wheels with self propelled
Big rear wheels
Big rear wheels with self propelled ( If they make such a thing )

Which one ?
Thanks,
Iowa883

Old 03-05-2003, 04:57 PM
Timothy

On Sat, 03 May 2003 09:15:45 -0500, Iowa883 wrote:

What are the advantage of big rear wheels vs the small ? Also, I would
like a self propelled but they cost more $. small wheels
small wheels with self propelled
Big rear wheels
Big rear wheels with self propelled ( If they make such a thing )
Which one ?

Most all mowers that I can remember with big wheels are self propelled via
the front wheels. The rear wheels are large so you can push the mower
around easier when not running. If you push the mower around with out
lifting up the front, you'll grind the drive gears off the inside of the
front wheels.... Or something like that 80)
As far as self propelled or not it depends up to you. Do you need
assiantance pushing an 85 pound mower? Do you need some assiantance or a
lot? Front wheel drive mowers do not give as much assiantance as rear
wheel drive and front drives can dig into the lawn when making turns ect.
Rear drives are more expensive than front drives, but they work better and
in my opinion last longer.
What type of mower you wish to purchase depends upon how much you have to
spend. Around here I can get a rear drive toro for about $390.00 after
tax.

--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com