Old 08-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Registered User

Default Fertiliser stripes!

Hi all!
My lawn seemed to have developed a lot of moss over the winter so about 4 weeks ago i applied evergreen complete 4 in 1 weed feed and moss killer. I did it using the hand dispenser but I think not very well as I now have a dark green / light green striped lawn! The dark green patches seem to be growing very well and thickening up etc, but the lighter green areas look a bit "anaemic" to say the least!

I'm looking for advice as to how I'm going to fix it. The packaging says I can re-apply after 6 weeks so I was planning to do that but walk up and down perpendicular to my first attempt. Does this sound ok? I'm slightly worried that although the light green areas might "green up", the dark green areas will get even darker leaving me with a slightly darker but still stripey lawn!!! Is this likely to happen or will the lawn become more uniform?

Any other ideas would also be great - thanks in advance!

Matt
Old 09-04-2012, 12:25 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

MattC76 wrote:
[...]

Just do another light application to the light areas. The key word is "light".
Overdoing it, and overlapping the dark areas could burn the lawn, producing dead
stripes.