GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Briggs Vanguard Engine Problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/203413-briggs-vanguard-engine-problem.html)

Roanin 05-05-2012 01:34 AM

Briggs Vanguard Engine Problem

When I plug in the wire connector that goes to the Stator on my 16HP John
Deere Sabre Lawn Tractor, the connector gets real hot to the point of
smoking. It appears there is a diode in the wire right after the connector.
If I leave the plug disconnected, it runs and operates , however, I suspect
the battery will soon go dead. Any ideas on what is wrong or how to fix it?
Replace the diode? new stator?

Thanks,

matthew calvert 17-06-2012 06:35 PM

Briggs Vanguard Engine Problem

sounds like a faulty stator. Possibly something shorted internally causing it to overcharge.