Old 04-05-2003, 02:56 AM

Default the perfect design

How do you get the stripes and designs in your lawn just like the
baseball parks?
Old 04-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Die Spammer !!!

they use reel mowers

Old 04-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Timothy

On Sun, 04 May 2003 01:53:31 +0000, rgpryo wrote:

How do you get the stripes and designs in your lawn just like the baseball
parks?

The ball park grass is not cheap turf and I doubt that you have that in
your yard. You can still have nice lines though, but not like a baseball
park. They also use very expensive mowers that the average home owners
do not have. But don't fear, I'll tell you how the lawn maintaince boys do
it and you'll have nice lines....

Generaly, the lawn companies first string edge the lawn with the weed
wacker. Flat edging first, then straight edging next. Some people use an
edging maching instead of straight edging. How you do it is up to you.
After all the edging is done, take the mower and mow around the edge of the lawn
twice. After you mowed the lawn border twice, stop and figure how you want
your lines to go. Are you going to do straight lines that line up with the
house.. or an angle cut or even a cross hatch..? Now travel over to the
edge of the lawn and start your cut. Look ahead of you and find a focus
point that you can watch as you walk. Do not look at the ground ahead of
the mower!! If you do, your lines will be crooked. After you get near the
end of your first path, turn your mower around in the two edge paths that
you did first. Set the mower wheel into the newly made mower tract, pause
to make sure that the rear wheel is lined up also, then find a new focus
point at the other end and start to walk. Mow you second path, turn the
mower in your edge path...ect. Repeat untill done. You'll find that they
are nice 'loops' in the lawn from where you made your turns. To cross
hatch the lawn, mow it once, then mow it again with the mower making lines
180 degrees from the first lines. This will make cross hatched ( tweed
jacket type of weave ) lines in the lawn. This is nice for formal lawns or
speacial events going on at the house.

Good luck, and feel free to ask me questions about the mowing, the above
may not make sence due to my lack of coffee at the moment 80)

--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com

Old 05-05-2003, 01:08 AM

Thanks for the very detailed response.
I really appreciate your answer.

Ray

p.s Bag or not to bag..that is the other question.

pps. Pull behind roller ?

Old 05-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Jeffrey K. Judd

wrote in message
How do you get the stripes and designs in your lawn just like the
baseball parks?

You should check out the book "Picture Perfect, Mowing Techniques for Lawns,
Landscapes and Sports" by David R. Mellor (He is the Director of Grounds at
Fenway Park in Boston). I think it is exactly what you are looking for. I
got it at Amazon.com. Hope this is helpful!

Jeff

Old 10-05-2003, 02:44 AM

Thanks!
I'll look into it !