GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New lawnmower, any tips? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/203696-new-lawnmower-any-tips.html)

Dr_Pips 24-05-2012 09:41 PM

New lawnmower, any tips?

Hi All,

My lawnmower's given up the ghost after a few years, so need to get another one. It was an electric rotary which seemed to the job on my smallish (100 square meters) lawn.

Now I hate mowing the lawn with an absolute passion! It is without a job the chore I dislike the most, mainly because of the odd shape of our lawn. It's not a nice neat rectangle, but a hotch potch of random bits stuck together and hence I have the cable is always getting taffled up either in my legs or shrubs.

I reckon a petrol mower would be a little excessive for our size lawn, and as it's not a straight up and down job, would possibly be even more awkward than an electric mower.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Not looking to spend more than £100 ideally.

Thanks,

Dom

Pat Kiewicz[_2_] 25-05-2012 01:03 PM

New lawnmower, any tips?

Dr_Pips said:

Hi All,

My lawnmower's given up the ghost after a few years, so need to get
another one. It was an electric rotary which seemed to the job on my
smallish (100 square meters) lawn.

Now I hate mowing the lawn with an absolute passion! It is without a
job the chore I dislike the most, mainly because of the odd shape of our
lawn. It's not a nice neat rectangle, but a hotch potch of random bits
stuck together and hence I have the cable is always getting taffled up
either in my legs or shrubs.

I reckon a petrol mower would be a little excessive for our size lawn,
and as it's not a straight up and down job, would possibly be even more
awkward than an electric mower.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Not looking to spend more than £100
ideally.

They do make cordless electric mowers at different price points, but I
don't know about price and availability in the UK.

Spend enough to get the right tool and it will make the job less of a
burden.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored

allen73 28-05-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Pips (Post 959608)
Hi All,

My lawnmower's given up the ghost after a few years, so need to get another one. It was an electric rotary which seemed to the job on my smallish (100 square meters) lawn.

Now I hate mowing the lawn with an absolute passion! It is without a job the chore I dislike the most, mainly because of the odd shape of our lawn. It's not a nice neat rectangle, but a hotch potch of random bits stuck together and hence I have the cable is always getting taffled up either in my legs or shrubs.

I reckon a petrol mower would be a little excessive for our size lawn, and as it's not a straight up and down job, would possibly be even more awkward than an electric mower.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Not looking to spend more than £100 ideally.

Thanks,

Dom

I know absolutely nothing about them but have you considered a rechargable electric mower since you dislike the cable Here's one Eckman 24-volt Rechargeable Lawn Mower in Garden, Accessories and Spring | Telegraph Shop

Frank 28-05-2012 05:34 PM

New lawnmower, any tips?

On Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:41:43 PM UTC-4, Dr_Pips wrote:
[...]

Check the post of the guy here selling the Worx mower. Should be good for you if he is in UK.