GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Thought Murray and MTD were the same (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/20426-thought-murray-mtd-were-same.html)

Iowa883 04-05-2003 02:44 PM

Thought Murray and MTD were the same

I see that Wally World has Murray lawn mowers and MTD lawn mowers. I thought
that they were the same company. Maybe they just have two different
stickers.
Iowa883

[email protected] 04-05-2003 03:08 PM

"Iowa883" wrote:
I see that Wally World has Murray lawn mowers and MTD lawn mowers. I
thought that they were the same company. Maybe they just have two
different stickers.
Iowa883

MTD will put Iowa883 on them,for a price.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/

JJ 06-05-2003 03:08 AM

Thought Murray and MTD were the same

Different companies.

Murray = Murray, Stanley
MTD = MTD, Yardman, Yard Machines, Troy-Bilt, Bolens, low-end Cub Cadet,
Huskee, White
AYP (American Yard Products, division of Electrolux) = Sears, Husqvarna,
Poulan

Cub Cadet is owned by MTD, but the low-end Cubs are yellow rebadged MTD's.
The high-end Cubs are made separately.