Old 02-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Registered User

Default Seaweed extract

Hi Im new here.

My grandma has been taken ill and ive taken over the care of her lawn.

I want it to look great when she comes back, and I mentioned this to a friend of mine and he recommends using Seaweed extract as a growth promoter.
Used alongside fertilizer.

Has anyone got any experience with using this stuff?

Regards

Green Shoots x
Old 03-07-2012, 12:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Green Shoots wrote:
Hi Im new here.

My grandma has been taken ill and ive taken over the care of her lawn.

I want it to look great when she comes back, and I mentioned this to a
friend of mine and he recommends using Seaweed extract as a growth
promoter.
Used alongside fertilizer.

Has anyone got any experience with using this stuff?

Never heard of it - sound like BS.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Shoots View Post
Hi Im new here.

My grandma has been taken ill and ive taken over the care of her lawn.

I want it to look great when she comes back, and I mentioned this to a friend of mine and he recommends using Seaweed extract as a growth promoter.
Used alongside fertilizer.

Has anyone got any experience with using this stuff?

Regards

Green Shoots x
A well documented feedsource. Masses of information about it on line. Have a look at Turf Shop - UK Turf Suppliers: Turf. Maxicrop Liquid lawn Fertiliser. Regards.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Green Shoots said:

Hi Im new here.

My grandma has been taken ill and ive taken over the care of her lawn.

I want it to look great when she comes back, and I mentioned this to a
friend of mine and he recommends using Seaweed extract as a growth
promoter.
Used alongside fertilizer.

Has anyone got any experience with using this stuff?

Maxicrop. I highly recommend it--though I usually only use it on
the vegetable garden and newly transplanted perennials and shrubs.
It would probably work a treat on the lawn as well.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored

Old 03-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Registered User

Talking

Thanks for the reccomdations.

I have suggested the products to my friend he is a farmer and I thought maybe these are what he uses on his crops.

He said what I need is something called Kelpak, although its only avaliable to Farmers.

He said it promotes root growth which in turn promotes growth of the Corn or or in my case Grass.

He said this stuff is high in a hormone called Auxin. (never heard of it) unlike other extracts which are high in something else, erm cannot remember what he said now.

This sounds really interesting, I dont think my grandma will be allowed to walk on her lawn when im done lol

Green shoots x

Old 16-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Registered User

Anyone know where you can get Kelpak?