Old 04-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Wade Homesley

Default Weed Trimmer Gas Tank Question

I have a Homelite trimmer that I am tuning up. In the process I separated
the fuel filter from the fuel line...both are in the gas tank. Any ideas on
how I can reinstall the filter w/o having to pull the entire gas line out of
the tank?
I have tried working through the gas tank opening to reinstall the filter
but I am not a surgeon. If I pull it out of the tank I don't see how I can
feed the line back through the top of the tank to the carb. Thanks,

Wade

Old 06-05-2003, 04:20 AM
Chip Stein

"Wade Homesley" wrote in message arthlink.net...
I have a Homelite trimmer that I am tuning up. In the process I separated
the fuel filter from the fuel line...both are in the gas tank. Any ideas on
how I can reinstall the filter w/o having to pull the entire gas line out of
the tank?
I have tried working through the gas tank opening to reinstall the filter
but I am not a surgeon. If I pull it out of the tank I don't see how I can
feed the line back through the top of the tank to the carb. Thanks,

Wade

leave the line in the tank. use a hook and pull the line out the
fill hole to attach the filter. if there's not enough line then it's
too short and you need a new one.
Chip

Adding Small Amount of Gas with 2 Cyle Oil Mix to Gas for Lawnmower [email protected] Lawns 7 03-06-2013 02:43 AM
Question about Gas Trimmer Engines John McDougald Lawns 5 17-08-2005 06:50 AM
gas trimmer engine problem Scott Lawns 4 17-08-2005 06:18 AM
Gas Trimmer - String problems Brian White Lawns 6 17-08-2005 12:38 AM
Help me Select Gas Trimmer Mojo Lawns 14 25-07-2003 03:42 PM