Old 25-09-2012, 05:28 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Solution for flea problem

Everything seems to come at the same time.... now it's fleas. Fleas always jump on and bit one of the family. The rest they don't bother. We have no pets, rodent problem, etc. An occasion cat walks thru the yard but doesn't hang aour here. I heard that they are pretty much found on pets or in their nests - neither of which we have in the yard.

So I'm at a loss of where they are coming from.

Next question does any recommend for spraying the yard with that is the least harmful to everything else besides fleas, and last a long time?

Thx in advance

Bob

Old 26-09-2012, 07:17 AM
Registered User

Location: California

Even if you don't have pets, your neighbors pet might have it. The best way to get rid of fleas is applying Diatomaceous Earth in your lawn. Sprinkle the Diatomaceous earth around your lawn and make sure you cover every area of your lawn.
__________________
Fruit Trees
Old 05-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Registered User

Location: California

Use aromatherapy to prevent fleas from returning to your yard. Lining the borders of your yard with cedar chips or eucalyptus leaves have proven very effective in repelling fleas from taking up permanent residence in your grass.
__________________
Fruit Trees
Old 09-12-2012, 12:59 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

--
allen73

Thanks A73. Where's the best place to get it in bulk?

flea beetle problems Ook Gardening 3 15-05-2007 07:54 PM
Flea beetles on Tropaeolum MadCow United Kingdom 1 14-08-2006 08:49 PM
flea beetle thehams United Kingdom 2 02-05-2006 12:35 AM
Flea Beetle Problem Craig Gardening 2 08-07-2005 10:47 PM
Yikes! Corn Flea Beetles Phaedrine Stonebridge Edible Gardening 6 07-08-2003 09:02 PM