Old 17-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Registered User

Default Washing Line Hole Blocked.

Hi,

We have a rotary washing line in the middle of our lawn. The support hole in the ground is lined with a piece of scaffolding tube, the tube from the rotary washing line slips inside that.

Over time, bits of soil, grass clippings etc have dropped down the scaffolding tube, filling it up, so much so that the washing line pole hardly fits in any more.

As the scaffolding tube piece is buried in the soil below grass level, how do I get the soil out of the middle of the tube without digging the lawn up?

Thanks!
Old 17-11-2012, 10:26 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

hogg wrote:
Hi,

We have a rotary washing line in the middle of our lawn. The support
hole in the ground is lined with a piece of scaffolding tube, the tube
from the rotary washing line slips inside that.

Over time, bits of soil, grass clippings etc have dropped down the
scaffolding tube, filling it up, so much so that the washing line pole
hardly fits in any more.

As the scaffolding tube piece is buried in the soil below grass level,
how do I get the soil out of the middle of the tube without digging
the lawn up?

Wash it out with a hose.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Bob F" wrote in message ...
Bob F wrote:
hogg wrote:
Hi,

We have a rotary washing line in the middle of our lawn. The support
hole in the ground is lined with a piece of scaffolding tube, the
tube from the rotary washing line slips inside that.

Over time, bits of soil, grass clippings etc have dropped down the
scaffolding tube, filling it up, so much so that the washing line
pole hardly fits in any more.

As the scaffolding tube piece is buried in the soil below grass
level, how do I get the soil out of the middle of the tube without
digging the lawn up?

Wash it out with a hose.

Or use a shop vac.

Pound a metal tube down in it, pull it out (sorry ladies), rod out the tube and repeat. Dollar stores sell hollow mop handles here that would work.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Guv Bob wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message ...
Bob F wrote:
hogg wrote:
Hi,

We have a rotary washing line in the middle of our lawn. The support
hole in the ground is lined with a piece of scaffolding tube, the
tube from the rotary washing line slips inside that.

Over time, bits of soil, grass clippings etc have dropped down the
scaffolding tube, filling it up, so much so that the washing line
pole hardly fits in any more.

As the scaffolding tube piece is buried in the soil below grass
level, how do I get the soil out of the middle of the tube without
digging the lawn up?

Wash it out with a hose.

Or use a shop vac.

Pound a metal tube down in it, pull it out (sorry ladies), rod out the tube and repeat. Dollar stores sell hollow mop handles here that would work.

auger or large drill bit to loosen things up.

songbird