Old 08-01-2013, 07:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Dual- vs Single-String Trippers

My experience is that the double string trimmers just use up twice the string and don't do any better job with average yard trimming.

I used a single-string B&D Grass Hog for 15 years until the motor gave out. Bought 3 different 2-string trimmers and returned them.

Anybody still make the 1-string versions? Only 2-string models are sold at Home Depot or Lowes around here.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Registered User

Location: mumbai

This is totally practical.....
Old 07-03-2013, 10:14 AM
thomaspoul's Avatar
Registered User

Location: USA

agreed with devil
Old 20-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Banned

Location: Tadcaster, North Yorkshire

I am a professional garden and landscape maintenance service provider and use strimmers on a daily basis. I have used quite a few over the years but usually larger ones and i can honestly say that the performance of every one i have used has been much better with two lines. You are essentially getting twice the number of "cuts" per minute, there is more air flow to lift the grass you are cutting and the tool is more balanced therefore vibrating less.

I have a Pellenc battery powered strimmer which is more comparable to the one you are using and that too performs much better with two lines.

Stuart