GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Landscaping Cloth? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/206820-landscaping-cloth.html)

[email protected] 16-04-2013 10:57 AM

Landscaping Cloth?

Should I lay what is called 'landscaping cloth' under my mulch
nuggets? I am tired of pulling weeds.

Thanks

Apeman

[email protected] 16-04-2013 12:37 PM

Landscaping Cloth?

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 03:55:00 -0700, mike wrote:

On 4/16/2013 2:57 AM, wrote:
Should I lay what is called 'landscaping cloth' under my mulch
nuggets? I am tired of pulling weeds.

Thanks

Apeman

YES!

Even though I have bushes and flowers? My Peonies and Hostas seem to
spread.

Thanks
\\Apeman

[email protected][_2_] 16-04-2013 01:18 PM

Landscaping Cloth?

On Apr 16, 5:57*am, wrote:
Should I lay what is called 'landscaping cloth' under my mulch
nuggets? *I am tired of pulling weeds.

Thanks

Apeman

I think landscape fabric is fairly useless for what it's supposed
to do and it's a pain in the ass anytime you go to plant a new
bush. The mulch is there to keept weeds from growing. Even
if the fabric works initially, within a few years there will be
organic
material on top of it. Wind blows in dirt, dust, decaying bits of
leaves,
etc and it works it's way in, defeating the whole purpose.

I just use mulch and then hit the few weeds that make it through
with Roundup or equivalent.

songbird[_2_] 17-04-2013 12:13 AM

Landscaping Cloth?

wrote:

Should I lay what is called 'landscaping cloth' under my mulch
nuggets? I am tired of pulling weeds.

Thanks

Apeman

move the nuggets aside, put down a few layers
of cardboard and put the nuggets back on top.
by the time the cardboard is eaten by the worms
it will smother most weeds.

songbird

[email protected] 17-04-2013 10:13 AM

Landscaping Cloth?

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 19:13:12 -0400, songbird

Should I lay what is called 'landscaping cloth' under my mulch
nuggets? I am tired of pulling weeds.

Thanks

Apeman

move the nuggets aside, put down a few layers
of cardboard and put the nuggets back on top.
by the time the cardboard is eaten by the worms
it will smother most weeds.

songbird

I never thought of cardboard. Certainly cheaper. And should dissolve
over time.

Thanks

Apeman

[email protected][_2_] 18-04-2013 04:03 PM

Landscaping Cloth?

On Apr 16, 7:13*pm, songbird wrote:
wrote:
Should I lay what is called 'landscaping cloth' under my mulch
nuggets? *I am tired of pulling weeds.

Thanks

Apeman

* move the nuggets aside, put down a few layers
of cardboard and put the nuggets back on top.
by the time the cardboard is eaten by the worms
it will smother most weeds.

* songbird

The cardboard will also offer excellent nourishment and
environment for termites.

thomaspoul 23-04-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 981053)
Should I lay what is called 'landscaping cloth' under my mulch
nuggets? I am tired of pulling weeds.

Thanks

Apeman

i don't understand, what do you exactly want to say.