GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Watering grass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/20688-watering-grass.html)

Twanger 05-05-2003 10:56 PM

Watering grass

I live in Northern Illinois and we've just been brushed with a couple of
nights where the temps went below freezing. However, we're still way below a
normal amount of precipitation. How much, if any watering should I do for my
lawn to keep the grass hardy, and how late into the season should I do it?

TIA
mm

[email protected] 05-05-2003 10:56 PM

Watering grass

"Twanger" wrote:
I live in Northern Illinois and we've just been brushed with a couple of

nights where the temps went below freezing. However, we're still way
below a normal amount of precipitation. How much, if any watering should
I do for my lawn to keep the grass hardy, and how late into the season
should I do it?

TIA
mm

One inch per week,until you notice it's growth has slowed or stopped.

--
God Bless America - http://members.aol.com/flyitproudly/flag.html

go #40 Usenet Newsgroup Service