GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawnmower wont cut in reverse (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/207119-lawnmower-wont-cut-reverse.html)

Herb Eneva 12-05-2013 05:05 PM

Lawnmower wont cut in reverse

I recently got a bolens model 760 riding lawn mower and am very
satisfied with it except when I put it in reverse with the blades
engaged the engine dies. I assume this is normal. Since I
don`t have any kids or pets I would like to know what to do to make it
cut in reverse. Thank you for any info Herb

[email protected][_2_] 12-05-2013 08:08 PM

On May 12, 12:05*pm, (Herb Eneva) wrote:
*I recently got a bolens model 760 riding lawn mower and am very
satisfied with it except when I put it in reverse with the blades
engaged the engine dies. I assume this is normal. * * * * * * * *Since I
don`t have any kids or pets I would like to know what to do to make it
cut in reverse. *Thank you for any info * *Herb

Look online for a service manual. That should have a wiring
diagram that shows the various kill switches involved. Or
take a look for a switch that detects when it's in reverse.

Ralph Mowery 12-05-2013 09:54 PM

"Herb Eneva" wrote in message
I recently got a bolens model 760 riding lawn mower and am very
satisfied with it except when I put it in reverse with the blades
engaged the engine dies. I assume this is normal. Since I
don`t have any kids or pets I would like to know what to do to make it
cut in reverse. Thank you for any info Herb

I don't know about that particular mower, but it is a safety that has been
around for over 10 years. I bought a John Deere about 9 years ago and it
had a button you had to press to mow in reverse that I jumpered out. It
wore the transmission out so this year I bought a Huskivarnium. The switch
on it has a reverse mow position. You start the blades and then turn the
switch to the mow in reverse position.

Yours may or may not have a temporary over ride switch. If not it is time
to look for the interlock switch that is made or broken in reverse.