Old 05-05-2003, 11:57 PM
Bill Archibald

Default jumpering John Deere safety switch

I have a 2002 John Deere LT150 Lawn Tractor. I have put a blade on the
front for the snow (works great). Unfortunately when I push both the
clutch/brake and the blade lift peddle, too much of my weight comes
off the seat and trips the safety switch.

Not wanting to gain more weight to fix this problem g, I was
wondering if anyone knew which wires in the connection under the seat
needed to be jumped to bypass this particular safety switch. I want
this to be reversible for when I put the mower deck back on in the
spring.

If there is a simpler way to bypass this particular switch, please
inform.

TIA

-Bill

Old 05-05-2003, 11:57 PM

Bill Archibald wrote:
I have a 2002 John Deere LT150 Lawn Tractor. I have put a blade on the
front for the snow (works great). Unfortunately when I push both the
clutch/brake and the blade lift peddle, too much of my weight comes
off the seat and trips the safety switch.

Not wanting to gain more weight to fix this problem g, I was
wondering if anyone knew which wires in the connection under the seat
needed to be jumped to bypass this particular safety switch. I want
this to be reversible for when I put the mower deck back on in the
spring.

If there is a simpler way to bypass this particular switch, please
inform.

TIA

-Bill

If you look under the seat,you'll see the kill contact(you can hear it
click too). The wires running to it can be switched...you close the
contact,when you sit.

BEWARE..It's not advised,cuz you can hurt yourself.

Be careful!! If it's under warranty,don't do it..it will void it!

NNTP or WEB - 50 GB/month
Old 05-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Bill Archibald

Thanks for the quick come back. Yes you are correct that on some lawn
tractors there is a switch in the frame under the seat (my old Wheel
Horse had this arrangement), but this Deere's switch is actually IN
the seat itself. There is a gang plug under the seat that has one
white wire and four black wires. I'd like to know which wires to jump.

Thank you for your cautionary remark, I understand the potential
dangers and will revert back to the full functioning safety mode when
I put the mower deck on in the spring.

Old 05-05-2003, 11:58 PM
no-one

why don't you do the right thing and add rear weight to the unit either
wheel weights or box weights.
I do know which wires to jump but sorry I wont tell. it is not safe to
bypass the safety switch it is there for a reason.

Old 05-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Bill Archibald

On Sat, 07 Dec 2002 02:26:30 GMT, "no-one" wrote:

why don't you do the right thing and add rear weight to the unit either
wheel weights or box weights.
I do know which wires to jump but sorry I wont tell. it is not safe to
bypass the safety switch it is there for a reason.

NO-ONE,

I'm not sure how why you think:

A) I do not have weights

B) more weights would solve the problem

C) this is the "right" thing to do

As you obviously must understand the machine since you know which
wires to jump, I am confused by your assertion that more (machine)
rear weight would prevent my butt coming off the seat as I depress
both pedals. (by "unit" I assume you are talking about the machine,
not my arse grin)

I agree it would not be safe for a total bozo to operate without this
particular safety switch, so, could I ask you which wires I SHOULD NOT
jump to bypass this switch. Being a total bozo myself, you know I am
going to start inserting jumper wires in every plug I find on my
machine ....... for no particular reason. So could you advise me
where NOT to insert a jumper wire on the seat shut off switch plug?
I'd hate to be unreasonably unsafe.

thanks for thinking of this bozo's safety. OSHA is looking for a few
safety conscious citizens like yourself.

-Bill

John Deere LX 176 kent Lawns 8 11-01-2010 11:52 AM
Easy to see, Expat owns John Smith and John Smith is ExpatsPuppet on a String! hahahaha ..... Dance Johnny boy.. dance you fool!John Smith the puppet on a string John Smith[_5_] Ponds 0 07-09-2008 05:42 PM
John Deere F510 Riding Mower Keeps Blowing Fuses! C R R Lawns 0 29-03-2003 03:20 PM
John Deere 300 trans dipstick help Chris Szilagyi Gardening 0 28-01-2003 09:55 PM
jumpering John Deere safety switch Bill Archibald Lawns 4 07-12-2002 04:04 AM