Old 05-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Alan

Default snowblower manual pull starter question

I have a 35 old Jacobsen Imperial 26 snowblower - still runs ok. Noticed
this week that the pull starter works intermittantly - sometimes there is no
resistance when pulling it, and after repeated pulling got it to engage the
engine.

I wonder if the part can be replaced with something similar by a
professional or can it be done easily by homeowner. The starter unit seems
bolted on the outside of the engine but I do not know much about this.
Does the part need repair or replacement?

alan

---

Old 05-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Dr. Doctor

it will probably be cheaper to replace then repair if you pay a shop to do
it, I would get the model & serial # off the engine and call a local shop
to get a price on a new pull start ass. if it bolts on you should be able to
change it no problem yourself. Also if you do get a new starter ass take the
old one in with you they should be able to tell you if the repair will be
more then a new unit.

Old 05-05-2003, 11:58 PM
alan

ok thanks. I have checked websites and found a part for $30. The
store online says it will fit although there is a metal lip around the
top of where the starter bolts on to perhaps protect it from snow. It
is welded to engine. I am hoping the new one would fit. Does the part
come as one piece usually - so I do not need to assemble it?

alan

Old 05-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Dr. Doctor

A starter assembly it self will be pre assembled ready to bolt on.

Old 05-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Die Spammer !!!

sounds like it's time to pull the pull cord starter housing off and cleaning and
lubing it.

Alan wrote:

I have a 35 old Jacobsen Imperial 26 snowblower - still runs ok. Noticed
this week that the pull starter works intermittantly - sometimes there is no
resistance when pulling it, and after repeated pulling got it to engage the
engine.

I wonder if the part can be replaced with something similar by a
professional or can it be done easily by homeowner. The starter unit seems
bolted on the outside of the engine but I do not know much about this.
Does the part need repair or replacement?

alan

---

somewhat ot snowblower question. Rob Mcgee Lawns 2 17-04-2009 03:02 PM
basic starter question Haggo Bonsai 7 01-12-2006 06:22 PM
Snowblower starter question dave Lawns 1 07-01-2006 06:51 PM
pull starter for bad solenoid? RB Lawns 4 08-09-2004 01:02 AM
snowblower manual pull starter question Alan Lawns 4 24-02-2003 09:59 AM