Old 06-08-2004, 08:49 PM
ECU68

Default To kill a pine tree...

TREES HATE COPPER....COPPER NAILS IN THE ROOTS MIGHT TAKE CARE OF THE
PROBLEM...I CAN'T BELIEVE A CARING NEIGHBOR WOULDN'T HELP WITH THE PROBLEM
FIRST.

Old 06-08-2004, 10:16 PM
William W. Plummer

ECU68 wrote:

TREES HATE COPPER....COPPER NAILS IN THE ROOTS MIGHT TAKE CARE OF THE
PROBLEM...I CAN'T BELIEVE A CARING NEIGHBOR WOULDN'T HELP WITH THE PROBLEM
FIRST.

Just pound a pre-1982 penny or two into the stump.
Old 23-01-2007, 09:45 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"kalstras" wrote in message

ESGie Wrote:
GLYPHOSATE! (SP?)
Commonly sold under the trade name "Roundup".
This is applied to the green growth and makes its way down to the roots
where it stops them producing food or the plant. If it comes in contact
with the soil it is neutralised, so it doesn't poison anything but the
plant it's applied to.

It's more commonly used to control things like nettles, but I have used
it to kill off unwanted bamboo plants (I'll have the Bamboo Forum
flaming me now!) by painting the leaves a few times with the stuff.

If you paint the green parts of the offending tree several times,this
should do the trick for you. (I'd recommend doing this at night,
otherwise standing at the top of a ladder painting the leaves might
JUST arouse some suspicion!)

Good Luck!
(and don't tell them I told you!!)

Sorry m8 but the tree is 70-80ft tall and the "Green bits" are 30-50ft
up the tree. Roundup is a lovely idea, but probably not going to kill
the behemoth of a tree...

holes drilled in the base as far in as the drill bit will go and neat round
up poured in. Don't do this for trees on public property or be one of those
arsehole types who kill trees round lakes/the ocean to protect their
'views'. People like that needed to be forced to drink round up. Only apply
to trees you own and want rid of.

rob

To kill a pine... mike505 United Kingdom 2 18-06-2015 08:43 PM
To kill a pine tree... Bart Lawns 37 03-04-2007 09:39 PM
pine tree for pine nuts jay jay United Kingdom 3 04-10-2004 08:37 AM
[IBC] Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 03-01-2004 10:28 PM
Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Dish Gardening 4 03-01-2004 09:42 PM