Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Bart
 
Posts: n/a
Default To kill a pine tree...

I know this will not be a popular post and I will probably get flamed all
over the place. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I've reached the
point that I just don't care anymore.

My neighbor's huge pine tree (about 70' tall or more and about 3' at the
base - right on the property line) is destroying my roof, my gutters, my
yard, my pool, and my cars - possibly even my house. I've spent hours
cleaning up the needles, the dead branches, and the cones - not to mention
the damage it has done to the cars. I'm even suspecting that the foundation
of my house has been cracked by a root from this tree as there is a crack in
the concrete floor of one room which radiates directly from that tree.
There are 2" roots all over my front yard.

The problem is that I like my neighbors and I don't want to sue them. I
don't want to threaten them in any way. I don't want to cause any unrest
between us. I just want to get rid of the damn tree.

They didn't plant the tree. We've both lived in our 30 year old houses for
less than two years. So neither of us really knew what was happening when
we purchased these places. That's one reason I really don't want to come
down on them with legal action.

I've asked them politely. I've even offered to have it removed at my own
expense - but they refuse. They don't feel the destruction because the
prevailing wind blows all the stuff onto my property.

Now... with all the roots that are in my yard, it seems I should be able to
drill a hole in some of them, apply an herbicide, and legally kill the tree
without them knowing I did it. Are there any recommendations?






  #2   Report Post  
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Tonyjc
 
Posts: n/a
Default To kill a pine tree...

I was told years ago HOT Salty water is almost undetecable.


"Bart" wrote in message
...
I know this will not be a popular post and I will probably get flamed all
over the place. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I've reached the
point that I just don't care anymore.

My neighbor's huge pine tree (about 70' tall or more and about 3' at the
base - right on the property line) is destroying my roof, my gutters, my
yard, my pool, and my cars - possibly even my house. I've spent hours
cleaning up the needles, the dead branches, and the cones - not to mention
the damage it has done to the cars. I'm even suspecting that the

foundation
of my house has been cracked by a root from this tree as there is a crack

in
the concrete floor of one room which radiates directly from that tree.
There are 2" roots all over my front yard.

The problem is that I like my neighbors and I don't want to sue them. I
don't want to threaten them in any way. I don't want to cause any unrest
between us. I just want to get rid of the damn tree.

They didn't plant the tree. We've both lived in our 30 year old houses

for
less than two years. So neither of us really knew what was happening when
we purchased these places. That's one reason I really don't want to come
down on them with legal action.

I've asked them politely. I've even offered to have it removed at my own
expense - but they refuse. They don't feel the destruction because the
prevailing wind blows all the stuff onto my property.

Now... with all the roots that are in my yard, it seems I should be able

to
drill a hole in some of them, apply an herbicide, and legally kill the

tree
without them knowing I did it. Are there any recommendations?







  #3   Report Post  
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Die Spammer !!!
 
Posts: n/a
Default To kill a pine tree...

what about pulling the roots out of your yard and property ? that is your right
..

Bart wrote:

I know this will not be a popular post and I will probably get flamed all
over the place. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I've reached the
point that I just don't care anymore.

My neighbor's huge pine tree (about 70' tall or more and about 3' at the
base - right on the property line) is destroying my roof, my gutters, my
yard, my pool, and my cars - possibly even my house. I've spent hours
cleaning up the needles, the dead branches, and the cones - not to mention
the damage it has done to the cars. I'm even suspecting that the foundation
of my house has been cracked by a root from this tree as there is a crack in
the concrete floor of one room which radiates directly from that tree.
There are 2" roots all over my front yard.

The problem is that I like my neighbors and I don't want to sue them. I
don't want to threaten them in any way. I don't want to cause any unrest
between us. I just want to get rid of the damn tree.

They didn't plant the tree. We've both lived in our 30 year old houses for
less than two years. So neither of us really knew what was happening when
we purchased these places. That's one reason I really don't want to come
down on them with legal action.

I've asked them politely. I've even offered to have it removed at my own
expense - but they refuse. They don't feel the destruction because the
prevailing wind blows all the stuff onto my property.

Now... with all the roots that are in my yard, it seems I should be able to
drill a hole in some of them, apply an herbicide, and legally kill the tree
without them knowing I did it. Are there any recommendations?


  #4   Report Post  
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Bart
 
Posts: n/a
Default To kill a pine tree...

Some of them are 2" thick or more. I might as well take a backhoe to the
whole yard and start over. But the tree would probably survive and just
keep growing roots.

Die Spammer !!! wrote in message
...
what about pulling the roots out of your yard and property ? that is your

right
.

Bart wrote:

I know this will not be a popular post and I will probably get flamed

all
over the place. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I've reached the
point that I just don't care anymore.

My neighbor's huge pine tree (about 70' tall or more and about 3' at the
base - right on the property line) is destroying my roof, my gutters, my
yard, my pool, and my cars - possibly even my house. I've spent hours
cleaning up the needles, the dead branches, and the cones - not to

mention
the damage it has done to the cars. I'm even suspecting that the

foundation
of my house has been cracked by a root from this tree as there is a

crack in
the concrete floor of one room which radiates directly from that tree.
There are 2" roots all over my front yard.

The problem is that I like my neighbors and I don't want to sue them. I
don't want to threaten them in any way. I don't want to cause any

unrest
between us. I just want to get rid of the damn tree.

They didn't plant the tree. We've both lived in our 30 year old houses

for
less than two years. So neither of us really knew what was happening

when
we purchased these places. That's one reason I really don't want to

come
down on them with legal action.

I've asked them politely. I've even offered to have it removed at my

own
expense - but they refuse. They don't feel the destruction because the
prevailing wind blows all the stuff onto my property.

Now... with all the roots that are in my yard, it seems I should be able

to
drill a hole in some of them, apply an herbicide, and legally kill the

tree
without them knowing I did it. Are there any recommendations?





  #5   Report Post  
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Tim Fischer
 
Posts: n/a
Default To kill a pine tree...

Trees are a major source of property value. If you were ever caught, you
could be sued for tens of thousands of dollars. Your post, which is
tracable to your ISP, will help serve as evidence.

In short DON'T DO IT.

-Tim




  #6   Report Post  
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Bart
 
Posts: n/a
Default To kill a pine tree...

So it basically comes down to me sueing them for the loss of property
value...
Tim Fischer wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Trees are a major source of property value. If you were ever caught, you
could be sued for tens of thousands of dollars. Your post, which is
tracable to your ISP, will help serve as evidence.

In short DON'T DO IT.

-Tim





  #7   Report Post  
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
 
Posts: n/a
Default To kill a pine tree...

"Bart" wrote:
So it basically comes down to me sueing them for the loss of property
value...
Tim Fischer wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Trees are a major source of property value. If you were ever caught,
you could be sued for tens of thousands of dollars. Your post, which
is tracable to your ISP, will help serve as evidence.

In short DON'T DO IT.

-Tim



I'm not gonna tell some top posting jackass how to kill a tree.

Nice try.

--
Zl Arjfernqre vf orggre guna lbhef! (Rot-13)

--
Tb# 40 42 12
  #8   Report Post  
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
 
Posts: n/a
Default To kill a pine tree...

I don't know this for a fact,but I've heard they don't like salt. I've
also heard peeing around the base will kill them.

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:28:32 -0600, "Bart"
wrote:

I know this will not be a popular post and I will probably get flamed all
over the place. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I've reached the
point that I just don't care anymore.

My neighbor's huge pine tree (about 70' tall or more and about 3' at the
base - right on the property line) is destroying my roof, my gutters, my
yard, my pool, and my cars - possibly even my house. I've spent hours
cleaning up the needles, the dead branches, and the cones - not to mention
the damage it has done to the cars. I'm even suspecting that the foundation
of my house has been cracked by a root from this tree as there is a crack in
the concrete floor of one room which radiates directly from that tree.
There are 2" roots all over my front yard.

The problem is that I like my neighbors and I don't want to sue them. I
don't want to threaten them in any way. I don't want to cause any unrest
between us. I just want to get rid of the damn tree.

They didn't plant the tree. We've both lived in our 30 year old houses for
less than two years. So neither of us really knew what was happening when
we purchased these places. That's one reason I really don't want to come
down on them with legal action.

I've asked them politely. I've even offered to have it removed at my own
expense - but they refuse. They don't feel the destruction because the
prevailing wind blows all the stuff onto my property.

Now... with all the roots that are in my yard, it seems I should be able to
drill a hole in some of them, apply an herbicide, and legally kill the tree
without them knowing I did it. Are there any recommendations?





  #9   Report Post  
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Tim Fischer
 
Posts: n/a
Default To kill a pine tree...


wrote in message
...
I've
also heard peeing around the base will kill them.


Definitely. But it has to be done at high-noon, preferably when traffic is
going by.

-Tim


  #10   Report Post  
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Bart
 
Posts: n/a
Default To kill a pine tree...

But the roots are in my yard...
Tim Fischer wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Trees are a major source of property value. If you were ever caught, you
could be sued for tens of thousands of dollars. Your post, which is
tracable to your ISP, will help serve as evidence.

In short DON'T DO IT.

-Tim







  #11   Report Post  
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Tim Fischer
 
Posts: n/a
Default To kill a pine tree...


"Bart" wrote in message
m...
But the roots are in my yard...


Yeah, that's how trees work. DUH.

-Tim


  #12   Report Post  
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Bart
 
Posts: n/a
Default To kill a pine tree...

Let's make you the owner of this tree.

So, which would you prefer, Tim? Would you like me to sue you for all the
damage your tree is doing to my property, or would you rather let me pay to
have it removed? It is going to be gone, eventually. I feel I have a
perfect legal right to destroy the roots that are in my yard. Are you one
of those tree huggers? Don't you give a damn about your neighbors?

This thing is a real problem. Not only to the value of my property, but to
personal safety for both homes. I live in a high lightning strike zone.

DUH...

Bart

Tim Fischer wrote in message
news:[email protected]

"Bart" wrote in message
m...
But the roots are in my yard...


Yeah, that's how trees work. DUH.

-Tim





  #13   Report Post  
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
 
Posts: n/a
Default To kill a pine tree...

"Bart" wrote:
Let's make you the owner of this tree.

So, which would you prefer, Tim? Would you like me to sue you for all
the damage your tree is doing to my property, or would you rather let me
pay to have it removed? It is going to be gone, eventually. I feel I
have a perfect legal right to destroy the roots that are in my yard. Are
you one of those tree huggers? Don't you give a damn about your
neighbors?

This thing is a real problem. Not only to the value of my property, but
to personal safety for both homes. I live in a high lightning strike
zone.

DUH...

Bart

You may have to try and make your point with the neighbor again. One good
argument is those trees blow over first..it's true,look it up.

I could tell you how I'd kill it,but then I'd have to kill you. eg

--
--
Go# 40 42 12
  #14   Report Post  
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Die Dpammer !!!
 
Posts: n/a
Default To kill a pine tree...

Oh jees, this guy must have just got his first tracer program LOL


Newbies.... can't kill'em, can't get through to em.



The amazingly bright Tim Fischer wrote:

Trees are a major source of property value. If you were ever caught, you
could be sued for tens of thousands of dollars. Your post, which is
tracable to your ISP, will help serve as evidence.

In short DON'T DO IT.

-Tim


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To kill a pine... mike505 United Kingdom 2 18-06-2015 07:43 PM
To kill a pine tree... Bart Lawns 37 03-04-2007 08:39 PM
pine tree for pine nuts jay jay United Kingdom 3 04-10-2004 07:37 AM
[IBC] Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 03-01-2004 09:28 PM
Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Dish Gardening 4 03-01-2004 08:42 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 GardenBanter.co.uk.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Gardening"

 

Copyright © 2017