Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Mark Atanovich

Default Valve clearances for Honda mower

Howdy,
I have a Honda HRM215 mower (GXV140 motor) and would like to set the valve
clearances. There's no spec's in the manual, and the local Honda dealer
seems to think it's a trade secret. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx,
Mark

Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Dr. Doctor

cant tell you it is a trade secret. why are you messing with the valves
anyway? what is your problem you are having? It rarely is a problem that
they come out of adjustment on the Honda engine you mention (at least in my
experiences) usually when I have to re set the clearances it was a result of
the customer playing with them.

Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Ken Shelton

Mark,

Clearance on a cold engine is Intake 0.13 - 0.17 Exhaust 0.18 - 0.22

Ken Shelton