Old 22-07-2013, 05:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default can heavy duty trucks driving on your lawn damage it

Can heavy duty trucks driving on your lawn damage it?

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-ga...-it-19247-.htm

Old 22-07-2013, 06:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

princess wrote:
Can heavy duty trucks driving on your lawn damage it?

Of course they can. They compact the soil, and in a greater sense, cause
ruts when the ground is wet. My neighbor had a heavy septic cleaner
truck roll across the lawn and it sunk so deep in the soil that it had
to be towed out.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 22-07-2013, 07:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

replying to willshak , passerby wrote:
willshak wrote:

Of course they can. They compact the soil, and in a greater sense, cause
ruts when the ground is wet. My neighbor had a heavy septic cleaner
truck roll across the lawn and it sunk so deep in the soil that it had
to be towed out.

Perhaps she meant if there could be some permanent irreparable damage,
like the soil gets compacted so much that nothing ever grows on it or some
other such concern. It just sounds like a no-brainer that there would be
*some* damage, but the extent of the damage is a valid question.

Old 23-07-2013, 09:46 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"princess" wrote in message roups.com...
Can heavy duty trucks driving on your lawn damage it?

One Sunday morning, I went out and saw that a car had driven over the curb at my house, across the front yard then back onto the street. Same thing at several other houses. Knucklehead kids probably. Anyway it left tire tracks in most of the yards that disappeared on their own after a week or so.

Old 23-07-2013, 03:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Guv Bob wrote:
"princess" wrote in message roups.com...
Can heavy duty trucks driving on your lawn damage it?

One Sunday morning, I went out and saw that a car had driven over the curb at my house, across the front yard then back onto the street. Same thing at several other houses. Knucklehead kids probably. Anyway it left tire tracks in most of the yards that disappeared on their own after a week or so.

Are you saying that a heavy truck won't damage the lawn any more than a car?

Old 23-07-2013, 07:55 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"willshak" wrote in message ...
Guv Bob wrote:
"princess" wrote in message roups.com...
Can heavy duty trucks driving on your lawn damage it?

One Sunday morning, I went out and saw that a car had driven over the curb at my house, across the front yard then back onto the street. Same thing at several other houses. Knucklehead kids probably. Anyway it left tire tracks in most of the yards that disappeared on their own after a week or so.

Are you saying that a heavy truck won't damage the lawn any more than a car?

No. This is just an example to consider.

Old 23-07-2013, 09:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"princess" wrote in
message roups.com...
Can heavy duty trucks driving on your lawn damage it?

There will be some damage. If the ground is very wet and soft the truck may
leave ruts in the yard that will have to be addressed if you want them out.
If the truck looses traction and the wheels spin, it will often kill the
grass in that spot.

If the ground is dry and hard, there will not be much damage and it may not
even be noticed after a good soaking rain.

Right now I live in the middle of NC and it has rained almost every day for
about 3 weeks. Even my riding lawn mower is leaving some ruts in the yard
when I mow, but after several days they seem to be gone.

Old 24-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Registered User

Location: UK

Obviously, Heavy trucks damage our lawns badly. they have so broad tyres and to much heavy in weight. they thrust into the ground because the gardens are soft.