Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Paulie Walnuts

Default Shade Problems

I have an area in my yard with a lot of shade - I've put down the Home Depot
shade seeds and nothing happens. Are there any tips or other products I
should look at for heavily shaded areas?

Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM

"Paulie Walnuts" wrote:
I have an area in my yard with a lot of shade - I've put down the Home
Depot shade seeds and nothing happens. Are there any tips or other
products I should look at for heavily shaded areas?

Sometimes ground covers are a better altrnative,for heavy shade.

--
Go#40 42 12
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Dj Blag

I too have shade problems, but I really need grass in the area. Last year's
drought is what killed it.
Does anyony know of sod that might survive under tall trees? If not, which
seed?
thanks,
chas

Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Peter H

"Dj Blag" wrote in message
et...
I too have shade problems, but I really need grass in the area. Last

year's
drought is what killed it.
Does anyony know of sod that might survive under tall trees? If not, which
seed?
thanks,
chas

The sol'n to this largely depends on where you live. I'm in the Toronto area
of Canada and here we use Creeping Red Fescue in these areas. It takes a
while to fill in, but eventually does and tends to blend quite will with a
bluegrass/perennial ryegrass lawn.

BTW. I would never by my grass seed at a hardware store. You could be
introducing more problems to your lawn than you are solving.

Peter H

Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM

"Peter H" wrote:
"Dj Blag" wrote in message
et...
I too have shade problems, but I really need grass in the area. Last

year's
drought is what killed it.
Does anyony know of sod that might survive under tall trees? If not,
which seed?
thanks,
chas

The sol'n to this largely depends on where you live. I'm in the Toronto
area of Canada and here we use Creeping Red Fescue in these areas. It
takes a while to fill in, but eventually does and tends to blend quite
will with a bluegrass/perennial ryegrass lawn.

BTW. I would never by my grass seed at a hardware store. You could be
introducing more problems to your lawn than you are solving.

Peter H

...And - NEVER- plant sod in the shade.

--
Go#40 42 12 God Bless Our Troops