Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
James

Default picking a small tree in Austin Texas

I need some help picking a tree that will hide a 4 foot chain
link fence (about 30 feet in lenght). I was thinking crate
mertyls...but being from the north I thought I'd ask for suggestions.
Something economical would be great. TIA for any help I receive.

please remove the ~

James
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Markeau

I don't think a crepe myrtle would hide much, they have small leaves
and don't seem to bush much. I had an oleander by my apartment back
porch in Austin that I watered a lot (the automated sprinklers did not
reach to it) with a hose and it got huge (at least 8ft) and bushy even
the next season after the apt maintenance crew cut it down to just 2
or 3 feet during the prev winter (and it withstood very hard freezes,
too). It might bush more horizontally if you prune the top.

"James" wrote in message

I need some help picking a tree that will hide a 4 foot chain
link fence (about 30 feet in lenght). I was thinking crate
mertyls...but being from the north I thought I'd ask for

suggestions.
Something economical would be great. TIA for any help I receive.

please remove the ~

James

Buy Austin Flagstone stone Rock Austin $100 a ton best price361-945-7625 sales Texas 0 25-09-2008 09:59 PM
Somehow my newsreader transposed austin.general for austin.gardening;-) jOhN Texas 5 14-10-2005 02:45 AM
picking a small tree James Texas 6 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
picking a small tree in Austin Texas James Lawns 1 19-03-2003 12:44 AM
picking a small tree James Texas 6 16-03-2003 11:56 PM