Old 05-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Kimberly Louwagie

Default Suggestions Please

Hi, I live in Southern Minnesota and with spring here I have been thinking
of planting some flowers/plants around my house. (our house faces the
north) I am mostly interested in planting perennials, and would like
any/all suggestions on ones that people are happy with.

Thanks in advance for your help.
K. Louwagie

Old 05-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Tim Fischer

"Kimberly Louwagie" wrote in message
Hi, I live in Southern Minnesota and with spring here I have been

thinking
of planting some flowers/plants around my house. (our house faces the
north) I am mostly interested in planting perennials, and would like
any/all suggestions on ones that people are happy with.

Hi Kimberly,

I'm from Minnesota too (Twin Cities) and grew up in northern Iowa so I'm
very familiar with the climate.

Perrennials that do very well he
Purple Coneflowers (a native plant -- hard to beat for hardiness)
Iris
Black Eyed Susan
Mums
Hosta

There's many more, but these are my favorites. Also, for shrubs:
Spyria
Alberta Spruce
Juniiper
(I can't remember the name of it, but it looks like a Yew with yellow
flowers and is quite pretty)

Once spring hits, take a drive to the U of MN Landscape Arboretum in Chaska.
It's a beautiful place, and they have name/species tags on virtually
everything so you can write down what you like and look for it at your
favorite nursery.

-Tim

suggestions please for back of pond plant dave @ stejonda United Kingdom 4 06-05-2003 07:56 PM
Suggestions please? Sue & Bob Hobden United Kingdom 5 02-05-2003 06:20 PM
Need topsoil delivered in Chicago any suggestions please theakson Gardening 2 05-04-2003 01:32 PM
Suggestions Please Perry Noid Lawns 0 31-03-2003 05:20 PM
Tree suggestions please zhanataya Gardening 7 14-03-2003 07:56 PM