Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Jerry

Default Aerating the lawn.

How early can I aerate my lawn? I live in Camp Hill PA and have a 4 day
weekend coming up and would like to tackle this choir while I have the time.
I did aerate my lawn last fall, but have been told it can be done in both
the spring and fall seasons. Should it be done in both seasons or just one
of them? I will most likely over seed as well after aerating, but don't
want to start it now if it's too early in the season to be effective.

Thanks,

-Jerry

Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM

"Jerry" wrote:
How early can I aerate my lawn? I live in Camp Hill PA and have a 4 day
weekend coming up and would like to tackle this choir while I have the
time. I did aerate my lawn last fall, but have been told it can be done
in both the spring and fall seasons. Should it be done in both seasons
or just one of them? I will most likely over seed as well after
aerating, but don't want to start it now if it's too early in the season
to be effective.

Thanks,

-Jerry

You can do it now,as long as the soil isn't too wet. Which it may be.

....Also,don't apply any crabgrass preventer this spring,if you're seeding.

--
Go#40 42 12 God Bless Our Troops!
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Jerry

wrote in message
"Jerry" wrote:
How early can I aerate my lawn? I live in Camp Hill PA and have a 4 day
weekend coming up and would like to tackle this choir while I have the
time. I did aerate my lawn last fall, but have been told it can be done
in both the spring and fall seasons. Should it be done in both seasons
or just one of them? I will most likely over seed as well after
aerating, but don't want to start it now if it's too early in the season
to be effective.

Thanks,

-Jerry

You can do it now,as long as the soil isn't too wet. Which it may be.

...Also,don't apply any crabgrass preventer this spring,if you're seeding.

--
Go#40 42 12 God Bless Our Troops!
http://NewsReader.Com/
50 GB/Month

That's my only other concern. We got 1.5 inches of rain 3 days ago. I
don't want to be causing more damage than good with the aerator machine.

-Jerry

Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM

"Jerry" wrote:
wrote in message
"Jerry" wrote:
[...]

Not only the damage,but the core aerator will not pull decent plugs from
soupy soil,you'll end up with a inferior job...best to wait a week or two.

Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Jerry

Not only the damage,but the core aerator will not pull decent plugs from
soupy soil,you'll end up with a inferior job...best to wait a week or two.

--
Go#40 42 12 God Bless Our Troops!
http://NewsReader.Com/
50 GB/Month

I may just do that then. Wait a week or so. Last year it was so dry that
the aerator machine had no problems pulling plugs out of the yard.

Thanks,

-Jerry

Aerating the lawn. Dermuid United Kingdom 2 11-06-2004 02:54 AM
aerating lawn: anyone try those shoes? Heidi Gardening 8 15-08-2003 04:42 PM
Aerating Lawn Chris Lawns 3 06-06-2003 03:32 AM
Aerating the lawn - which type of sand ged hickman United Kingdom 1 18-05-2003 08:44 PM
Aerating the lawn. Jerry Lawns 1 30-03-2003 04:56 PM