Old 16-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Registered User

Default Lawn help!

Hi all,

My first post after reading around the forum. I have a problem with my lawn..

I live in a new build house, and turff was laid approx April 2013, I done everything to care for the lawn including fertiliser etc. everyone who visited and neighbours commented on how nice my lawn was compared to theirs etc.

Anyway in September the grass was quite long though as I was always keep it relatively long when cutting so it would become more established (I felt like cutting a new lawn short in summer we had was asking for trouble) I was just about to do a final cut when the weather turned and in space of few days a few large trees the other side of fence promptly dumped their leaves all over the lawn. Due to the length of the lawn, and the fact we rarely had a dry day the lawn was never dry and despite my best efforts could not get all the leaves up.

Subsequently fast forward to present day and I now have a lot of dead patches, and a lawn that now resembles a rugby pitch

Is there any way I can come back from this and a year old lawn? Do I now fertilise and wait to see what happens, am I going to need to seed etc?

Any help and advice would be appreciated. If pic helps I could see if I can sort that. Also the majority of offending trees has now gone!
Old 20-03-2014, 02:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Sunday, March 16, 2014 12:09:49 PM UTC-4, Rhys wrote:
[...]

While you don't say, apparently you're in the UK. Isn't it still winter
there? How do you know it's dead? If you live leaves on it in the Fall,
it will kill the grass. If that's what happened, then yes, you're going
to have to re-seed.

Lawn Experts, please help - New Turf Lawn Dying puppilup Lawns 11 18-08-2011 11:03 PM
help, lawn dying after applying Lawn Feed & Moss Killer peter United Kingdom 1 07-06-2008 07:34 PM
Riding lawn mower and lawn roller Eric Gardening 1 02-05-2005 08:06 PM
HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
Can I Use Scotts Lawn Pro Step 4 Lawn Fertilizer for Overseeding? Mike Thompson Lawns 1 10-09-2003 07:42 PM