GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Slugs on lawn- dangers? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/209735-slugs-lawn-dangers.html)

redspecial2000 15-05-2014 07:52 PM

Slugs on lawn- dangers?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I have noticed what looks like slugs on my lawn today (see pic) and I'm wondering:

1. Are they slugs?
2. Are they dangerous to my toddler who plays on the lawn?
3. Are they dangerous for my lawn?
4. If I do need to get rid of them, how?

Any help appreciated!

Bob F 15-05-2014 10:39 PM

Slugs on lawn- dangers?

redspecial2000 wrote:
Hi all,

I have noticed what looks like slugs on my lawn today (see pic) and
I'm wondering:

1. Are they slugs?

Yes
2. Are they dangerous to my toddler who plays on the lawn?

No, They're yummy!
3. Are they dangerous for my lawn?

No
4. If I do need to get rid of them, how?

Slug bait. Good luck on that!

Any help appreciated!

Filename: slug.jpg |
Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16008|

Frank 16-05-2014 12:20 AM

Slugs on lawn- dangers?

On 5/15/2014 2:52 PM, redspecial2000 wrote:
Hi all,

I have noticed what looks like slugs on my lawn today (see pic) and I'm
wondering:

1. Are they slugs?
2. Are they dangerous to my toddler who plays on the lawn?
3. Are they dangerous for my lawn?
4. If I do need to get rid of them, how?

Any help appreciated!

It is a slug.
Should not be dangerous to toddler or lawn but they will eat plants and
flowers.
Besides suggested slug bait you can leave out boards or something for
them to crawl under and remove them. Salt on their bodies kills them.
If you put out something like a pie dish full of beer, they will crawl
in it and drown.